It was seriously like a 10 day dream. Le Meridien and the St. Regis have the best views of the island hands down. The "cheaper" accommodations either look to the ocean or to other hotels. We stayed in an OWB (not the premium ones) and our view was still wonderful & the room was suburb. I read a lot trip advisor before going and the advice was spot on. Here are some I'm really we paid attention to.
- ladies, you will need nothing more than a flat pair of flip flops and a pair of running shoes in case you want to do any boating trips or work out in the gym. Bringing more shoes is a waste of space in your suitcase and you won't wear them.
- Tours: we did the private snorkeling tour with BBQ, private half day deep sea fishing and two hour jet ski tour. All were amazing but if you can only afford one do the private snorkeling BBQ trip. It's unbelievable! We set all of out tours (except the jet ski) in advance before going. Very easy and saved money. We went through Patricks group for BBQ trip.
- Buy liquor at the airport for your room. That alone saved us a lot of money. We also took a day trip to the main island and stocked up on water and snacks.
- bring rafts! It was so fun to be able to jump off our OWB into the ocean and relax on the raft. Target has really small ones we put into our checked luggage. We then left them there. My husband really liked that I brought goggles as well.
- Make a reservation at the French restaurant on the island before you go! It was the best meal of our vacation but its hard to get last minute reservations.
- hotel food was great but expensive. Most people end up getting a sandwich by the pool and skipped breakfast or ate a granola bar packed from home. The breakfast buffet is $40 per person.
- Pack sunscreen and bug spray. Bugs were not a problem when we were there but we had it just in case.
- Spa: I got one massage and it was delightful. It takes place in an OWB so you hear the ocean. Not sure if there's an actual spa.
Side note: we saw a wedding take place on the beach. The couple was eloping. It was so cool!! Great idea if that's what you're looking to do.
it was a lot of money but worth it. Best trip ever!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Meridien Bora Bora is a luxury resort set on an islet surrounded by the most beautiful lagoon in the world. Our resort offers guests a contemporary design blended with Polynesian culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Le Meridien Bora Bora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Bora Bora Hotel Bora Bora
- Bora Le Meridien
- Le Meridian Bora Bora