I travelled there in July 2014 and I was disappointed with the place.
First of all, for the 2 days that we spent there, there was a house across the street from the hotel which played very loud music pretty much the whole day and the whole night. I complained to the reception twice, but the loud music continued. When I read about the hotel location, I wasn't happy because I thought it would be the cars/motorcycles that might bother me. I was wrong. It was music, music and more music with heavy bass. The hotel management claimed that it happens rarely. Well... it happened the 2 days when I was there and it ruined my Bora Bora experience. I really thought this was supposed to be paradise.
Other negative experiences included:
- our phone did not work externally. I went to the reception and they said that they cannot unlock the line - whatever that means.
- we didn't have bath robes in our room
- the cleaning of the room was poorly done. The cleaning lady didn't even bother to take out the trash from the balcony and the coffee cups were not washed. Also, there was still hair in the shower.
- our bill was wrong. They charged us for going to the Heiva festival when we expressed no interest to do so.
- the Activities person was very pushy to sign up for their programs. She was unhelpful with accommodating activities not provided by the hotel.
I guess the positive thing is that we complained about the loud music and we got a late check-out. However, that can't compensate for 2 days of our vacations being ruined. That's the only reason for giving this a 1 star review. Otherwise, when you consider the value, this deserves no stars. I really wish the hotel management can get it together. When you pay so much money, you really expect at the least something decent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort is located on the island of Bora Bora in the heart of the exceptional Matira Bay. The island of Bora Bora is encircled by a protective necklace of coral. Breathtaking lush mountains provide a dramatic backdrop for the luminous turquoise, lapis and aquamarine of the sheltered lagoon. There is something truly unique about Bora Bora, with its sugary sands, rugged mountains, vivid blues, lush greens and soothing lagoon waters that make it the most romantic destination in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Prestigia, Orbitz, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach And Private Island Hotel Bora Bora
- Sofitel Bora Motu Private Island
- Accor Bora Motu Private Island
- Bora Bora Sofitel
- Sofitel Motu Bora Bora