We stayed at the Sofitel. It is a good hotel, even if you stay at the "garden view" rooms; they are well appointed, clean and nice. Watch your bill at departure. I don't think a lot of people pay attention to their final bill when you expect to pay a lot of money, but for example they charged me 4 airport-hotel transfers on the first day instead of one. Food is ok, the best being lunch from the bar menu. The buffet at night is expensive and not a lot of options, and there is a show every night in front of the pool where the restaurant tables are set at night, which is also in front of the ocean. There are several small places to eat within walking distance. They do not have as many amenities as the more expensive intercontinental next door, but you can still get a free kayak and snorkeling equipment to go to the private island, where there is a reef that is very much alive. It's worth it! I have never seen so many fish and so many colors in one place.
People are nice, all the managers want to try to help you and there is always someone to talk to if you need a taxi or book events around the island. The gym is not well equipped if you are into that type of exercise, but you can certainly get your workout done by running to the village (about 5 miles), biking around the island (there are 3 bike rental places within walking distance), or going swimming or kayaking to the private island. Definitely a romantic destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort is located on the island of Bora Bora in the heart of the exceptional Matira Bay. The island of Bora Bora is encircled by a protective necklace of coral. Breathtaking lush mountains provide a dramatic backdrop for the luminous turquoise, lapis and aquamarine of the sheltered lagoon. There is something truly unique about Bora Bora, with its sugary sands, rugged mountains, vivid blues, lush greens and soothing lagoon waters that make it the most romantic destination in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach And Private Island Hotel Bora Bora
- Sofitel Bora Motu Private Island
- Accor Bora Motu Private Island
- Bora Bora Sofitel
- Sofitel Motu Bora Bora