This was our first trip to Tahiti, a trip of a lifetime for us. We stayed 5 nites at the Intercontinentel Resort on Moorea and were spoiled as we hoped, but were let down here at the Sofitel.
Bumpy ride from airport to hotel in a small boat. Our owb was #50 which was the best location for privacy on the deck, the bed was comfortable, room spacious, but the odor from the bathroom was overwhelming and unpleasant to say the least! We closed the sliding doors to the bathroom and shower area and opened all the louvers to get a breeze and fresh air which helped.
There is only 1 English tv station, and sometimes an English movie(FU-movies, rejected by USA)
The breakfast left a lot to be desired! Same options every day and often couldn't find anyone to cook up an egg or waffle for you. We did enjoy snorkeling in the coral garden in the center of the owb area, where we saw rays and fishes.
We went into town and found a wonderfully delicious café,( Aloe Café) for lunch and ate there more than once. My husband said their Mussels and seafood in cream sauce were the best he has ever had, anywhere! The MahiMahi was also perfection! and washed down with an icy cold Hinano Ambre' and we were very satisfied.
We bought food at the local market across the street and took back to our hotel. One nite we had pizza from a place by the hotel, it was very good.
I will say that at the hotel we did receive warm friendly service from PiPi. She was the only one who seemed to make an effort to be friendly and pleasant.(especially disappointing after the Intercontinental on Moorea service and staff being soo very warm and helpful).
This hotel BADLY NEEDS some work. the decks and railings are loose and unsafe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort is located on the island of Bora Bora in the heart of the exceptional Matira Bay. The island of Bora Bora is encircled by a protective necklace of coral. Breathtaking lush mountains provide a dramatic backdrop for the luminous turquoise, lapis and aquamarine of the sheltered lagoon. There is something truly unique about Bora Bora, with its sugary sands, rugged mountains, vivid blues, lush greens and soothing lagoon waters that make it the most romantic destination in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach And Private Island Hotel Bora Bora
- Sofitel Bora Motu Private Island
- Accor Bora Motu Private Island
- Bora Bora Sofitel
- Sofitel Motu Bora Bora