First off there is a reason this place is SO expensive... it's worth the splurge! We had a great package deal from CostCo and decided to make our trip to Tahiti worth our time getting there by staying an extra week in Bora Bora. Well worth our investment. Over all the resort is a grouping of beach-side and over-water bungalow (more like studio apt's see photos) with the over-water ones' being simply amazing with views through the floor down into the water. We spent 6 days in the beach-side bungalow and splurged the last night with a more expensive but well worth it over-water bungalow. If you plan to go to Tahiti be sure to make extra time to sit back and enjoy the amazing sites from either.
Even MORE amazing was the QUALITY of food the Sofitel Bora Bora breakfast and dinner buffets. There are simply NO WORDS to describe how AWESOME the food is (at the time it was $68.00 to eat the dinner buffet.) With a different "theme" each of the nights we ate food from the gods and rolled our eyes at how simply astounding the food tasted and even was presented on the buffet. This place is worth flying all the way there JUST for one night of their food! Being on the ocean the fresh seafood was where we now say the term "Bora Bora GOOD" when we eat somewhere... (in fact we've never stated that since we've returned.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort is located on the island of Bora Bora in the heart of the exceptional Matira Bay. The island of Bora Bora is encircled by a protective necklace of coral. Breathtaking lush mountains provide a dramatic backdrop for the luminous turquoise, lapis and aquamarine of the sheltered lagoon. There is something truly unique about Bora Bora, with its sugary sands, rugged mountains, vivid blues, lush greens and soothing lagoon waters that make it the most romantic destination in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HRS so you can book your Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach And Private Island Hotel Bora Bora
- Sofitel Bora Motu Private Island
- Accor Bora Motu Private Island
- Bora Bora Sofitel
- Sofitel Motu Bora Bora