As part of our honeymoon, my new wife and I stayed at the Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach for five days and it was a wonderful experience. It's important to note that we stayed on the main island and not the private island resort. I heard good things about the private island, the exception being the guests had to take a short boat taxi ride over to our resort for every meal as there were not any restaurants located over there.
As for our stay, it was great! We stayed in a beach bungalow which may as well have been an overwater bungalow. The only difference is that the back of our room was attached to the ground. But our deck was over the water and you could easily hop in and start snorkeling with the fish right from there. Personally, I think it's much cheaper than getting an overwater room and you still get to experience the privacy and beautiful ocean views.
The food was excellent, albeit expensive (but everything is in Bora Bora is!). We paid for the breakfasts as part of our package, lunch was actually fairly priced, and dinner was delicious except that the buffet goes for about 60 USD per person. The other option for dinner is the fine dining restaurant located near the buffet. The prices there are more reasonable and the food is great.
A fun way to see the island is to rent a bike. We did this on one of the cloudy days we had and it took about three hours to go around the entire island. It also gave us the opportunity to take some great photos and do our souvenir shopping. This is also a cheaper alternative than paying for the shuttle to take you into the main town to shop so that's our recommendation.
Being scuba divers, my wife and I did a few dives with Topdive-Bathys Bora Bora. The staff is fantastic and if you like sharks, Bora Bora is a great place to dive. However, we dove later on in Rangiroa and the diving there is absolutely phenomenal so save most of your dives for the less visited islands.
That's about it. It was a great trip and if you're looking for a wonderful place to stay for some relaxation in the sun, check out the Sofitel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort is located on the island of Bora Bora in the heart of the exceptional Matira Bay. The island of Bora Bora is encircled by a protective necklace of coral. Breathtaking lush mountains provide a dramatic backdrop for the luminous turquoise, lapis and aquamarine of the sheltered lagoon. There is something truly unique about Bora Bora, with its sugary sands, rugged mountains, vivid blues, lush greens and soothing lagoon waters that make it the most romantic destination in the world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach And Private Island Hotel Bora Bora
- Sofitel Bora Motu Private Island
- Accor Bora Motu Private Island
- Bora Bora Sofitel
- Sofitel Motu Bora Bora