“Amazing Tour!!”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Tour!!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

While we were on our honeymoon in Bora Bora we decided to take a 4x4 jeep tour ride with Tupuna. We decided to go with Tupuna and we loved it! First off let me just say I am very scared of heights but that being said since it was our honeymoon we wanted an adventure! Adventure and more is what we got for sure!!! Joshua was our jeep guide and he is amazing!! So friendly and funny. He knew I was nervous and he made me feel at ease all the time. The first off-roading path we took was scary for me but the views at the top were totally worth it. The views and photos we got were breathtaking!!! Our next stop was the pearl farm (which is one of the reasons we booked with them). I really wanted to see how Bora Bora harvests their pearls. Joshua explained everything to us and I loved how we were able to see everything and behind the scenes at their lab how they turn the pearls into jewelry.(We decided to come back here the next day so I could dive for my own pearl). Next stop were the WWII cannons. This rugged path was a lot of fun and views at the top again breathtaking. We journeyed all the way around the island and at times Joshua would stop and explain things and show us stuff. We loved this tour! We would have never done anything else like this ourselves unless we went on the tour and we were so glad we did. We traveled all over the island and have photos from the most amazing spots. We will never forget our tour:)

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Nicole S

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Zürich
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“rude guides on a shopping tour that you pay for, no thanks!!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

It all looked as if this was our lucky day, as we were the only two guests, but it turned out it wasn't!!!

Even though the tour itself (especially the views) were spectacular, the guides made it an awkward experience:
We booked the tour in english so the driver (who normally does the guiding on his own in French language, we guess) turned up with an English-speaking lady, who knew next to nothing. She even told stuff we knew was definitely wrong (e.g. she claimed that the canons on the hills were fired during the war, which they never were) The crown of it all was that the driver told her after this in French (which we both DO understand but they didn't realize): "They belive you everything, just like babies".
If you expect that you should be appreciated as a paying guest, this is the wrong operator for you!
Furthermore there is a lot of focus on sales activities along the way

Visited September 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“All you need”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Our guide Frank was lovely, made the tour great fun. He took us in a jeep around Bora Bora and up tracks that were virtually non existent. The views from up high were sensational. We also went to the Parea Mountain artist and sampled some local fruit. We went to the old US lockout points where the guns are still located.We finish at the Pearl farm, very educational. The show at the farm had pearls of allsorts but were all very expensive. Good half day tour.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank stevoCardiff
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An unforgetable few hours for me and my BlackBerry”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Going up a steep and very rugged "road" if you can call it that, I was at the back of the 4x4, taking pictures with my BlackBerry. On one jolting bump, my BlackBerry must have slipped out of my holster. When I next reached for it and found it was gone, I was aghast. When we reached the top of the mountain, I told our guide, Tiba. He actually studied the road all the way back down the mountain and, unbelievably, he found it! It was just fine. No other vehicle had run over it and all it had was a bit of dirt on it. All my contacts, emails, appointments, etc., were intact. I was very grateful, and it was a wonderful few hours tour in any case. Ask for Tiba. You won't regret it.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Byron W
San Luis Obispo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“A half day of fun”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This safari takes you on a tour of the island. Our tour guide Franck was funny, knowledgeable, and extremely friendly. We drove up some fairly steep and rocky roads, which was a blast, and which led you to some absolutely incredible views. We had a grand time with the other people on the tour. Franck was even kind enough to stop at the grocery store for some members of our tour that needed bread.

All in all, a great way to spend a morning or afternoon if you want to do something outside the water. Thanks, Franck!

Visited June 2013