All reviewsclose to the airportstayed longermain bora borafrench polynesiahot waterdream come trueetoilepensiontupunamotusnorkelislandfishesisletlagoonrainboat
Reviewed June 29, 2017

We spent five awesome days here (June 2017) and regretted leaving. Elie and Ari took great personal care of us, and we parted as friends not customers. We got an amazing feel of "authentic Tahitian life" that glamorous hotels can't offer. It's not fancy, but it's very comfortable, friendly, and peaceful. Better for people who want to relax and enjoy the water at their own pace than for people seeking elegance and a need to take a lot of guided tours and extra-cost activities. Great place for kids if you're able to supervise them - the hosts are available for advice but let you do your own thing. Blue Heaven Island is a small owner-operated set of five bungalows on a real "motu" (reef island) with a breezy covered outdoor dining area, a dock for waterside breakfast and lunch, swimming and snorkeling off the dock that beats many other added-cost hotel excursions, and sunrise and sunset viewing from the dock that will fill your camera - and Elie plays guitar and sings while you click away. You eat with the Elie and Ari family style - all the options are on the table before you, but they ask for your meal suggestions early on. Meals are fixed-price and you pay for them in local cash at the end of the stay. The food was very good, a mix of French Polynesian style and whatever else you might ask for. There's no paperwork - they just note in a book how many meals you ate. Bring your own booze, or trade favors with staff. My wife ate like a bird so they lowered her meal charges to the children's rate, without me asking for it. Bring cash equal to $100 a day per adult and you'll have some left at the end. No air conditioning but fans and open windows were adequate for cool sleeping at night - under mosquito netting. Days there are a few mosquitoes, so bring repellant. They use solar-generated electricity and solar-heated hot water so don't waste any. Wifi access is intermittent - so disconnect, chill, and smile. Great for teaching your kids about resource conservation and where electricity comes from. A week after returning home, we are still dreaming of returning, and barely remember the hotels on other 3 islands that filled our 3 weeks of Tahiti.

Room Tip: 5 bungalows, all the same.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mirbir42
Reviewed May 7, 2017 via mobile

Omg! Cutest place on the planet! Friendly staff and adorable atmosphere! Fresh food Highly recommended! Feels like a movie set. So romantic! Wish we could have stayed longer! #Wonderlust
Can't wait to come back.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chloe778
Reviewed May 4, 2017

you dont have to spend $1000 a night to be in Bora Bora. This place is a little more primative but absolutely paradise. Its called a Pension which i guess is like a Bed and Breakfast. Everyone eats together and there is only a few cute Bungalows. They call the guy that runs the place "Jesus" because of his looks. Food was local fare and great quality as well. You are on your own small lagoon that has some of the best snorkeling i have ever seen. LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2017

We went to Bora Bora during Xmas time in 2016. We tried to book hotel there while the hotel on the main island have been all booked. We found one day open at Ola Ola Lunge but we need two days. We accidentally found Blue Heaven Island which is a family owned place with about 5 bungalows. It's on a small private island so we are not sure how it will be. Since we could not find any other places, we decided to try. How lucky we were. This is a real heaven! We liked it the best during our whole week trip to Tahiti! You got the beach all by yourself! The coral garden in front. You can snorkeling and see beautiful fishes. We enjoyed snorkeling on the tour but this is totally different: you are all by yourself or your family. So peaceful and nice without bumping into anyone. The corals are still alive and beautiful! We hiked the property to the other side. The dogs lead us the way. We also enjoyed kayak with the dogs. I have to tell you that the dogs are so nice and friendly.

This place is isolated and quiet. If you like those all-inclusive hotels, this might not be the best place for you. But I still highly recommend you to stay here for at lease one night during your stay to enjoy the beauty of nature. We are nature lovers. So this place is a dream coming true for us.

The owner is a musician. Since my son plays piano, he asked him to play his key board, which is a very nice key board. My son enjoyed playing and chat with the owner. My son also showed him how to do Rubik's Cubic.

Since there is no public restaurant, the host made dinner and breakfast for us. The food are so good! The price is very reasonable compared with other restaurants. I saw people complained about the food price. I guess it might be because they didn't know in advance. We were not told the price for the dinner and breakfast in advance but when we checked out. However, the price is really good for the food we got. It's common for a place like this to provide food. We went to Japan and stay at a place where no public restaurants. The only thing is that the Japanese place told us in advance that no food available other than the hotel's and you have to book the food in advance.

Some people complained about the water for show. We didn't have any problem. The water is from rain and clean.

Overall, it's really worth to stay there if you ever visit Bora Bora. I have been recommending it to all my friends whenever I talked with them regarding our Tahiti trip. If I ever go to visit Tahiti again, I am sure I will stay there. I highly believe you will love it.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Bin Q
Reviewed September 25, 2016

We spent 1 night at the blue Heaven for our honeymoon. The place is very chilled out and in contact with the incredible nature of Bora Bora. Just in front of the motu there is one of the best coral gardens of the island so you can enjoy incredible snorkelling and wander around with the kayak. The people managing the place are very friendly and welcoming and they prepare excellent lagoon fish barbecue. We definitely recommend this place!

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple