All reviewsclose to the airportstayed longermain bora borafrench polynesiahot waterdream come trueetoilepensiontupunamotusnorkelislandfishesisletlagoonrainboat
Reviewed September 29, 2014

I spent 3 nights at Blue Heaven Island at the end of June with my husband and 8 year old daughter. We had such an amazing time! Elie and Monique are wonderful hosts and made our stay very special. It's such a beautiful place and we feel so lucky to have been able to stay there. The snorkeling is breathtaking, the water and views are beautiful, and they are fantastic cooks. My daughter loved playing with their two dogs and one of them even went kayaking with us!. Our friends who were staying accross the lagoon came over for the day and they prepared a fantastic picnic for us all. We had a great time time that day - lots of drinking and laughing! We were there to celebrate my 50th birthday and they surprised me with a chocolate cake. If we are ever lucky enough to get to go to Bora Bora again, we will definitely stay at Blue Heaven.

1  Thank travelmom800
Reviewed September 12, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful island or Mohu near the airport on the Northern fringe of the Bora Bora lagoon. Such peace and tranquility pervades this place that it takes you back to what it must have been like before the Europeans found it (except for all the modern conveniences). Your host is Elie and he is such a welcoming and wonderfully charismatic man who is most interesting and inspirational and does some beautiful cooking of local produce and the lovely Mahi Mahi fish: not to be missed!

Highly recommended to those who want a beautiful location and to be completely at one with nature.

Stayed: September 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Just returned from BLUE HEAVEN. Stayed for 3 amazing nights with my 2 kids ages 14 and 4. We absolutely loved it!! Felt like we were Robinson Crusoe with all the natural beauty surrounding you. Loved the beautiful sunsets and star gazing on the 2 story deck. We all enjoyed kayaking and snorkeling in the crystal blue waters! I mentioned that I was not comfortable snorkeling so Monique took me on a personalized tour of the lagoon.... After that I snorkeled for hours. This is a wonderful place to come if you want to get away from it all and take in the beauty of mother nature. The most delicious and fresh poisson cru we had was here....Eli demonstrated how it is made. We even helped him crack and shred the coconuts to make the coconut milk...it was so much fun! Then for dessert the kids loved the homemade crepes Eli made! The bungalow was very rustic and cozy...it was soothing to hear the rain falling on the bungalows roof when it rained. Eli and Monique adorable dog Etoile would sleep at our doorstep everynight...it was so cute! We had been way from home for a while and my 14 year old was missing playing his guitar so Eli made a special day for him and they jammed together it was awesome! We wish we could have stayed longer it was the most fun time of our vacation in Bora Bora. We are looking forward to returning for a longer stay next year! Eli really shows you had to enjoy life....Thank you for the wonderful hospitality and showing me how to appreciate "the moment"!!!!!

3  Thank blueangelFlorida
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We just returned from a glorious 5 night stay at this gem of a place in Bora Bora. We had an amazing time. Monique and Eli couldn't have been more pleasant, fun, informative, welcoming and lovely. From the moment they picked us up at the airport, we knew we were in for the stay of a lifetime. Every morning Monique took us on a wonderfully personalized snorkeling trip, and the rest of the day was filled with delicious food, wonderful talks, beautiful sunsets and laughter. We happened to be there during our son's 7th birthday and they went out of their way to make him feel special with his favorite cake (Chocolate) and a special present. It was just splendid!! If you get the chance you must visit. Everything about the place and our two hosts was just wonderful! We are working on trying to convince some friends of ours to join us next year for a much longer stay!! Thanks Monique and Eli for the most fun time we've ever had and we can't wait to see you guys again!! Fingers crossed for next summer!!!!!

4  Thank macben00000
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Blue Heaven Island for three nights.
It is a real paradise. Few bungalows among the coconut trees on a private motu, just in front of a coral garden.
The owner is really a funny guy, it was very nice when he had a kind of jam session playing guitar with amother guest at the sunset.
I had really good time and I would go back but I still think that is overpriced. No one took care of the bungalow during our staying that means no change of towels, no removal of trash. The food was ok but not so special. Anyway the price is quite normal for a place like Bora Bora and I like more this kind of place than a crowded resort.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple