New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
“Great Sandwich”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

One of the best sandwiches that I had on our trip, the tuna sandwich here is amazing and simple and one of the cheapest that we got the entire time we were down in Bora Bora.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Kelly M

New Plymouth, New Zealand
“Good food, but poor value for fish”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Ordered Possion Cru (raw fish with coconut). Thought it was small and overpriced compared to other finer restaurants and hotels. Wasn't less at all and not as if you are paying for the vibe of eating in a shack.

If you ate the normal burger dishes you might find some value, but that's not why we came to Bora Bora!

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank SLH67
Indiana
“Diamond in the rough!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

As others have said, this place is completely unassuming from street, but they certainly do make an excellent and affordable dinner! There was quite a language barrier between my husband and I and the waitress but we managed our way through it (don't get me wrong... I felt terrible as I don't speak French or Tahitian and did not expect her to know English). They were kind enough to let us bring our own bottle of wine (as they do not serve wine). We did not have the pleasure to meet Sam or his wife but let me tell ya something.... whoever was cooking the night we went was awesome! I had the Mahi special and my husband had the chicken vegetables (just to switch it up a bit) along with a side of French fries. The Mahi was perfectly cooked and nicely seasoned. The chicken vegetables were delicious as well. Another must go on the island! Thank you for the wonderful dinner!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank lrokita
“Best Dinner I Had in Bora Bora”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

This place is a whole in the wall, but the food was fantastic. You would be surprised how many overcooked fish I had in Tahiti/Bora Bora. I don't get it, isn't fish their specialty?? Here, I had the mahi mahi and it still came out tender even in a thick cut. I was very impressed. The mahi mahi I had at high end restaurants didn't even come out as good, and this place is a fraction of the price.

My husband had the steak, which he didn't like. The flavor was there, but the meat was very chewy. My husband does not eat seafood so he ordered steak everwhere we went. Every steak he had was chewy, so I don't think the quality of the meat is specific only to this place. If you want meat, go for the hamburgers.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank soupround
London, United Kingdom
“A simple local gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Ask for chicken curry, you might be lucky if thchef makes it for you. Take your own wine and water and you have a bargain you can afford every night of the week.

Visited July 2013