“awesome view and good food”

Lagoon Restaurant by Jean-Georges
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Bora Bora
Cuisines: Asian, French, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Experience The St. Regis Bora Bora Resort's exclusive signature restaurant LAGOON by Jean Georges where you will find an unparalled French and Asian-infused menu hand crafted by the celebrated Jean-Georges Vongerichten. LAGOON, which just won the 2014 Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator, offers the freshest fish and ingredients indegenous to the islands while presenting the most eloquent backdrop of the mythic Mount Otemanu and crystal clear waters. Embrace this ultimate culinary dinner opportunity along with a full-service bar that opens at 5:00 p.M. With a modified snack menu
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My husband and I had a great meal at Lagoon in October of 2012. For me the rice encrusted ahi tuna was one of the best things I ate on the trip! My husband had a fish dish he can not remember but he remembers it was mighty delicious! The view is incredible especially with the sun going down behind Mt. Otemanu, the beautiful water, and the fish swimming underneath your feet. Our wonderful travel agent Jackie from Custom Tahiti made the reservation for us and also the meal was a bonus included in our package so I am not sure how much it cost but it probably was a bit pricey. I would recommend making the reservation for right before sunset with a seat closest to the water for the best ambiance.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

enjoyed our dinner here so much. glass bottom flooring lets you see the sharks in the enclosure. great view of the mountain too. if you can grab a table on the terrace

Reviewed January 14, 2013

My husband and I did not have a better dinner while on Bora Bora. The food was outstanding, the wine selection was perfect, and the swimming sharks underneath the glass-paneled floor were a nice added touch of entertainment. It was a wonderful change of pace from other restaurants on the island that did not have half of the level of service. It was certainly what you would expect from Jean-Georges, with the romantic backdrop of a sunset and mountain view.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

You must sit on the Terrace and get there before the sun sets. Anything French is excellent as the chefs come from France. I got the beef and it was melt in your mouth. The coconut dessert was fabulous too!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Hands down the best dining experience in all of Bora Bora if not the world. The service is exceptional, the food is magnificient, the restuarant itself is beautiful. We sat indoors one night and were treated to a view below our table of black tip sharks.

1  Thank sftraveling1