“Wonderful meal in a perfect setting”
Review of La Villa Mahana

La Villa Mahana
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Bora Bora
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: The World Famous 7 table restaurant located in Paradise
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful meal in a perfect setting”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had tried to get reservations at La villa Mahana before leaving for Bora Bora and were disappointed to learn they were booked for weeks beyond our visit. We happened to mention this to the concierge at our hotel when we checked in and a few days later she let us know they had an open table for that evening if we were interested. We were in luck and it couldn't have happened on a better day- our anniversary. The restaurant has an italian feel to it, we sat outside in the courtyard and could look into the kitchen to watch the chefs at work.

We started with the ahi tuna salad; hands down one of the best pieces of ahi we've eaten. The greens and olive oil dressing were also delicious. The wine list is good, more options in the high range than average. My spouse had the leg of lamb and I had the Mahi Mahi with vanilla sauce. Both were simply amazing, the combination of banana and vanilla is a perfect compliment to the Mahi. The lamb was tender and brimming with bold spices and flavor. After that, they brought a special dessert for our anniversary, an unexpected treat, merci.

What could be better than a bottle of french wine, listening to Andre Bocelli outside in a beautiful setting while eating a wonderful meal? It was an evening we will cherish.

Visited July 2013
Chefdamien, Propriétaire at La Villa Mahana, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Ia Orana :)

Thank you that lovely comment and hope to see you back with us in Paradise in a near future.

Best regards

Damien :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Paris, France
“Exceptional restaurant in Bora Bora”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We felt lucky to have dinner at the Villa Mahana in June, had booked several months ahead.

The restaurant is indeed pretty small, with all the tables outside (except for a small room at the top of the stairs). I feared I would be disappointed but it was our best meal in French Polynesia . We opted for the exotic menu with the wine pairing and everything was perfect. What we had in our plates could compare to the very best restaurants in Paris and we could feel that the other guests were as impressed as we were. My husband could see the chef working in his small kitchen from his seat and it’s true that he’s working alone, that’s very impressive even though the number of guests is limited. The service was very nice and the chef came to greet us at the end of the dinner.

We felt very privileged being able to enjoy the Villa Mahana, it’s definitely a must do in Polynesia .

Visited June 2013
Chefdamien, Propriétaire at La Villa Mahana, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear Madame,

Thank you very much for that comment .

Hope to see you back with us in Paradise in a near future:)

Best regards

Damien
New York, New York, United States
“Better than NYC restaurants”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Living in NYC, it is hard to go on vacation and always find great meals as we have some o the best restaurants at our finger tips. This was not the case at Villa Mahana! The Chef was absolutely amazing putting on a small show from his picture window kitchen as we sat, drank and ate, and watched him in amazement. You must make a reservation long before you go to Bora Bora, but it is worth it! From the minute you sit down to the time you try and stand (you are full in the best of ways!) the meal was an experience. My husband and I went on our honeymoon and this was going to be our big night out. Bora Bora is very casual, but this is the night to dress up and enjoy yourselves, enjoy being a couple in this most romantic of places. The minute we sat, the two women who serve were attentive and gracious, helping us navigate our way through the menu (I have some food allergies). We were so pleasantly excited by all I could eat and what could be altered if necessary to accommodate me. If you go no where else while in Bora Bora, this is the place to go! Hands down our favorite meal while on our honeymoon!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Alissyn G
Chefdamien, Propriétaire at La Villa Mahana, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Madame

Thank you very much for that pleasant note .

Wish you and your husband all the best for the future

Take care

Damien:)
Los Angeles
“Amazing”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Not only the best restaurant on the island but quite possibly one of the best restaurants I've been too. The food, staff, and setting are one of a kind. Highly recommend going! Get your reservations in early though, they book up 5-6 months in advance

Visited June 2013
1 Thank dave B
Chefdamien, Propriétaire at La Villa Mahana, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Ia Orana:)

Thank you very much for that coment.

Hope to see you back back with us in Paradise in a near futur

Best Regards

Damien :)
Brazil
“One of the best in the world”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I came here for my honeymoon nearly 3 years ago. I still remember and long to return to Villa Mahana. The chef's philosophy of "cuisine avec amour" really puts this place over the top. I've been to a few 3 stared Michelin restaurants, but I can honestly say this was better. I could taste every ingredient and the freshness was remarkable. It was a fine dining experience that is also nurturing. Awesome. Plus, the quaint setting and small number of tables sealed the deal for me. My only regret is only having gone here once while in Bora Bora.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank LRG_br
Chefdamien, Propriétaire at La Villa Mahana, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Ia Orana:)

Thank you for that note. You 've made my day:)

Take care