“great experience”

Description: The World Famous 7 table restaurant located in Paradise
West Monroe, Louisiana, United States
“great experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was an quaint home that was a very romantic atmosphere be sure to request the table at the top most romantic!!! The food was good NOT great but the experience was A+. We had to take hotel boat shuttle to main island then to taxi that took us about 25 min to our destination. Loved the wrapped Tahitian bread. I had the Mahi Mahi which was good husband had the tenderloin which was huge and he said was good just not great but a must do one evening due to the experience if you get the table up stairs at top.

• Visited May 2013
Chefdamien, Propriétaire at La Villa Mahana, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Ia Orana :)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best part of Honeymoon!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a wonderful experience here. We walked in and were surprised to see that we would be sitting at one of the VIP tables. The space was very private and the whole room smelled like warm vanilla and filled with eclectic art sculptures and paintings, stimulating our senses throughout the whole night. The sole waitress was extremely helpful and worked so hard all night on all 7 tables! She was very helpful with the menu and attentive to us all night. I loved the relaxing music. The food was perfect, I could tell that having this restaurant is Chef Damien's passion. I wish I had ate a lighter lunch. Everyone in our ride back to the resort was raving about their expeirience. If you
want a quiet, intimate, romantic meal that is not too stuffy, this is the place to go!

1 Thank Jrzygirl8
Chefdamien, Propriétaire at La Villa Mahana, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Ia Orana :)

Chicago, Illinois
“An incredible meal”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We booked this restaurant more than 6 months in advance to be sure we could get the private VIP table upstairs on the terrace for the evening of our 25th anniversary. It was a wonderful setting for one of the best meals we've ever had. Two 7-course tasting menus were offered, and we tried them both, with wine pairings. Every single course was delicious, and the wine pairings were very well chosen. Chef Damien was gracious to come out and have a picture taken with us after the meal, and he even signed the menu and gave us a copy. A perfect souvenir from a perfect meal.

Visited May 2013
Ia Orana:)

Great Neck, NY
“Best Meal in Bora Bora”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

an experience for everyone. Food was phenomenal. Prepared by 1 chef. 7 tables. service was outstanding. worth every penny.

Visited May 2013
Chefdamien, Propriétaire at La Villa Mahana, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Ia Orana:)

Kansas City
“I really wanted to love this place....BUT”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I booked reservations 8 months in advance really hoping to secure a wonderful dining experince while in Bora Bora. My husband and I were really looking forward to this evening. Because we were staying at a hotel off the main island we had to take a ferry over each night to get to all the restaurants. This was fun actually, becuase we were able to chat with other travelers and discuss restaurants. Villa Mahana had VERY mixed reviews....hummmmm??? This may be harsh, but I think some diners may just not have many fine dining experiences. Although tht food was not horrible, it was also not great. The service was lacking, the server provided no explaination of the menu or wine suggestions....nothing. We were handed and menu ( based on the reviews, it appears as if the menu never changes, which is suprising that a chef would not mix things up a bit, especially on an Island with opportunity for a fresh fish selection). within my menu I had lobster risotto...way over cooked, again just not impressed at all. The mashed potatos I must admit were the best I have ever had, simply amazing, yet that is the only thing I had there which stood out. My hisband had a filet, which was sadly over cooked as well. In addition to the average food and service, the restaurant deor and ambiance left a lot to be desired. If you are lucky enough to get the super cool table outside, do, that looks amazing as would provide fresh air and a romantic setting. As for the rest of the tables, they are in a small room filled with eclectic wall decor, a very stuffy room with no air conditioning and no air flow. It was a little to bright for a evening dining experince and the table were far too close to each other considering there are only 6 or 7 tables. We had many wonderful dining experiences in Bora Bora at places far less admired, so I am not sure how or why this place has gained such a prestigious reputation.My only guess is that the limited reservations make people feel it is extra special, and jump to make sure they get in. I did enjoy the unique dining concept, dining in a house, yet the food and ambiance just did not work for us. Like I said, I really wanted to like this place, I just didnt love it, and could not recommend it to others. I am glad I went, because had I not have gone, I would have never known for myself. I do however want other guests to know of my experience as it is a costly diner in comparision with other better quality options in Bora Bora. Mai Kai was my favorite:))

1 Thank PamelaVanderHeagen
Chefdamien, Propriétaire at La Villa Mahana, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Madam or Sir ,

I have been reading with attention your comment, and I deeply regret that your experience was that disappointing.
Out of a concern for improvement, I ensure you that your whole comment will be taken into consideration.
However, most of the points you highlighted could have been improved on the moment, giving us the opportunity to correct something.

Honestly, this would have been a win-win ending where you would have enjoyed your dinner rather than an anonymous opinion that do to my team and me a lot of unnecessary harm.

Yours faithfully,