“No question why Damien is #1”
Review of La Villa Mahana

La Villa Mahana
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Bora Bora
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The World Famous 7 table restaurant located in Paradise
“No question why Damien is #1”
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We just got back from our honeymoon.

We were lucky enough to have our amazing concierge get us a table at La Villa Mahana.

Damien is a master in his tiny kitchen in his spectacular home.

I hope he is not offended, but he is the "Paula Dean of French food".

Rich, creamy and delicious dishes.

Indescribable desserts.

Starved ourselves before we went and well worth every penny!

Hopefully will be blessed enough to get a return experience one day.

By far the best meal in all of French Polynesia for us!

2 Thank Pras499

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Wellington, Florida
“Awesome”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Great food. We got the best table thanks to Pacific for Less. Run by the chef and his wife is a must go place.

Visited October 2012
Keller, Texas
“great food....overpriced though”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

thought the food was very good. They made a special change for me since I don't care for seafood. made me some yummy chicken but in the end still felt it was a bit overpriced. We were on our honeymoon though and we enjoyed the change of atmosphere. Felt like it was cozy and romantic with just 6 tables. Would have appreciated if the chef had come and introduced himself to us since there were such few tables. When you charge approx $300 for 2 people you would think that you could at least come and shake our hand.

Visited November 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful, quaint, yet sophisticated”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'm not sure if those who placed poor reviews were just having a bad day, were overly (unrealistcally) biased or picky. My husband and I went to Bora Bora for our 8 year anniversary. We heard nothing but fabulous things about this restaurant and wanted to experience it for ourselves. It did not disappoint! This husband and wife run establishment was encased in quaint, sophisticated ambiance that felt like a tucked away local gem. The food was spectacular, from the crispy skin fois gras to the lobster risotto to the decadent lava chocolate cake for dessert. The chef and his wife even took time to take pictures with us at the end of the meal. You will not be disappointed! We will remember this experience for a lifetime!

1 Thank Andrea_Hoog
Florida
“What an experience!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We saved the best for last. We went to Villa Mahana on our last night in Bora Bora. My husband and I ordered the exotic menu with the wine pairing. It was a 4 course meal that left us in food heaven. The food portion is great. The service is just awesome. Chef Damien and his wife were just great. My husband has shellfish allergies and they were on top of it. I made reservations about three months prior and made that note. The moment we sat down the chef's wife followed up on my husband's allergies. They also sent us home with traditional coconut bread that we ate before our flight the next day. This is a must do in Bora Bora.

• Visited November 2012