“Great little escape on Bora Bora island but overrated I thought...”

The Chef's Table by La Villa Mahana
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Bora Bora
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The World Famous 7 table restaurant located in Paradise
Reviewed October 21, 2012

If you are looking for a change and want to get out of your resort, this is a nice option. But the island itself is strikingly less attractive than the lagoon and the restaurant in itself was a little disappointing

1  Thank SAMCalifornia4

Reviewed October 21, 2012

This was probably the best meal we have ever eatten and we have traveled all over the world. The food was superb, with suble flavors, excellent seasoning and very well done. The service was very polished and the atmosphere was intimate, quiet and just perfect to celebrate a 40th wedding anniversary. The chef was very personal and let us take a picture with him in his tiny, tiny kitchen. AT the end of the meal, his wife who is also the server drove us to the dock (after she removed the car seat from the back seat) and talked about her trips to the United States. It was a fabulous experience on all levels. It was worth planning it months in advance to sit at one of the 6 tables.

1  Thank Ann S
Reviewed October 16, 2012

What a great place this is!
My wife and I had the two different dinner pairings and enjoyed every moment and bite.
After reading all the reviews on here we did have some high expectations, but they were all met in glorious fashion. Chef Damian prepared some excellent food and the romantic athmosphere made it all worthwhile.
It was not as expensive as other reviewers had mentioned.
You would pay the same amount going out to a fancy restaurant in LA or Orange County.

1  Thank Index411
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This was a great restaurant, which I would highly recommend. Honestly - Chef Damien is amazing. The food was out of this world. We ordered the pairings, as many of the other reviewers, and we were really impressed. We've eaten at many top restaurants around the world, so I was not really expecting such a little place in the middle of the Pacific to be so wonderful, but really - a standing ovation for Chef Damien.

It was an extra special touch that he actually came to the table to take your order. Then you see him back in his kitchen, cooking away - every once in a while peeking out to see if everyone is doing OK. Then a big thank you smile and a wave on your way out - it was really charming.

The prices are high, but not much different than everywhere else on Bora Bora - and if I'm going to pay high prices for food, it should at least be magnificent food, like this! Also, as many have said, the open air restaurant does invite some bugs and crawlers that I could have done without...but they seemed to be less noticable as dinner went on.

All in all, excellent! Worth every penny, worth the trip into town. I would go back in a heart beat!

1  Thank L M
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My wife and I had an amazing dinner at this restaurant. The service was very good. We received a table up at the top with a couch and pillows which was amazing. We ordered a bottle of wine (chianti classico) that was very good. My wife and I ordered the two different dinner pairings and both were excellent. The chef is very talented and creates amazing flavors with his food. My only regret is that we did not eat at this restaurant more than once on our visit. I will be sure to make multiple reservations the next time we visit Bora Bora.