“Very meh..... average and mediocre food and slow service...”
Review of Tamure Grill - CLOSED

Tamure Grill
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have to agree with the other posters. The food here was nothing to write home about. Not that it was horrible but just blah. We actually came to the Hilton for a photo shoot with a professional photographer. We finished and wanted to have lunch here and it was funny because at first the hotel said we couldn't as we weren't staying here. (We were staying at the Le Meridien).

Our photographer asked the manager and they finally allowed us. They tried to say it was booked solid. Funny as we went over and the place was practically empty! It's nice as the decor is nice and the floor is all sand from the beach. Very casual place.

I had the fish with chips that were ok. A bit greasy. My wife got the Mahi Mahi and it was very very undercooked. She asked them to cook it some more. (She only took one bite). I have to give them credit as they didn't just take the same dish and recook it but they made her an entirely new plate. It did take some time however.

I thought the service was ok....a bit slow considering that not many people were here. I wasn't too impressed with the hotel and were VERY happy that we were staying at the Le Meridien instead. The beaches weren't that nice compared to the LM and the water clarity wasn't nearly as good.

1  Thank saintba

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The ambiance was great with your feet in the sand while you eat (inside or outside), but the food was not great...with exception of the desserts which were amazing. The service was absolutely appalling! We ordered drinks every night and twice they never came, even after we asked for them a few times. Another night they came after our dessert!! Um, when you are paying that much for a drink, you'd love it with your meal.

Also, when we found a big hair in our pina colada and asked politely if we might get a new one. They were rude and unapologetic. It's not like we had taken more than one sip, before we found it...

1  Thank SKKD
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Compared to the breakfast buffet at the Hilton Moorea, this buffet was sub-par. Compared to the horrible service in the other restaurants at the Hilton Bora Bora, the breakfast buffet was superb because I served my own food. The omelet gal is fabulous.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Yes I said try the pizza! Drink the beer, the cocktails are weak!
The breakfast buffet served here daily is UNBELIEVABLE!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

If you spend time at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort, you'll probably have to eat at least 90% of your meals here -- breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The menu doesn't change much, if at all, except for the one special buffet dinner each week. It is extremely expensive for what you get, and the service can be very, very slow. But you're discouraged from leaving the resort to dine because of the high shuttle boat fare and limited schedule.