“Horrible. Stay Away”

Ranked #15 of 54 Restaurants in Bora Bora
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were on a catamaran cruise and Bloody Mary's is one of the 2 off boat meals we have during the week of our sailing. I expected decent service and decent food.

I would have expected better service considering that the catamaran company is guaranteed income for the restaurant. They bring their passengers to Bloody Marys EVERY week. Our experience was horrible.

From the moment we walked in, we should have known. The maitre'd was horrible and unfriendly. He basically forced us to sit at the bar where the service was deplorable. One of my friends ordered off the menu a Mojito and the bartender said they did not have the ingredients and walked away. There were 2 bartenders and they could not have been more rude.

We were waiting until our entire group arrived...there were 9 of us. Once we arrived, the restaurant did not seat us. We all were there and had to wait about 30 minutes before we went and asked if our table was ready...we had a reservation so they knew we were coming. The delay was completely uncalled for.

Once we sat, we were told someone would be by to tell how to order. No one came by. We all sat for about another 20 minutes before we decided to do what other guests had done and go over to the grill area and look at the display of the entrees. We were advised at that point to pick out what we would like to have, and that they cooked all their fish and meat rare...so if we wanted it cooked more to tell them. I ordered fish and asked for it to be cooked medium, while my friend asked for the steak and have it cooked medium well. While we were standing there placing our orders, there were numerous flies buzzing about and landing on the food...that was about to be cooked and served to us...really not appetizing.

Once our food arrived, my fish was cooked rare and I had to send it back. My friend's steak was cooked rare as well and he had to send it back. When our entrees came back, they were now medium rare...still too rare for both of us but we did not want to make the chef mad. I ate the outside edges of my fish. My friend could hardly eat his steak as it was so incredibly tough that it was hard to chew.

The server did not once come by to ask how we were doing or how the meal was.

The service was horrible, the meal was the worst meal I have eaten in a while. I cannot even hint to anyone to go here.

Stay away!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,361)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped at Bloody Mary's out of curiosity, and of course ordered a Bloody Mary. It is a fun atmosphere and the view of the ocean across the street is fantastic. This is a very casual place with sand floors and tree stumps for seats. I cannot comment on the food as we only had drinks, the Bloody Mary's were good. If you are in Bora Bora check out Bloody Mary's

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you are in Bora Bora do go to Bloody Mary's. You can say you have been there and your feet will be digging in the sand floor while eating. The chairs are tree stumps and very uncomfortable. And like everything else in French Polynesia, everything is very expensive in the Restaurant. However, we did like the fresh fish they offered and our portions were large enough to fill us up. Everything was prepared on the BBQ, close to where we were sitting. Unfortunately, although a novel idea, the tree stump sitting arrangements assures people do not stay too long after they have their dinners....

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I had a Bloody Mary, and lunch at this fun bar/ restaurant. The food was very good with large portions. You set on wooden tree stumps for lunch that are in the set on sand floors. We had fun at this must visit bar/restaurant. We would return the next time we are in Bora-Bora.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We tried Bloody Mary’s knowing this would be a very touristy place. Everyone told us we had to go. Even though this place is super touristy we had a great time. It’s definitely a unique experience. The menu is presented to you based on what was caught that day by fisherman on the island, and you order as soon as you walk in. The entire place has a sand floor which is pretty cool. Food was very good, and service was good as well. Definitely something to try while you’re in Bora Bora.