“What a mistake this was”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Wildflower Cafe

Wildflower Cafe
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Talkeetna
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anchorage, Ak
“What a mistake this was”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2009

I was there on Sunday June 7, 2009 and therer were only 2 other tables occupoied. so I thought this should be real easy and I could get out without much trouble. Was i ever wrong! It took exactly 17 minutes till anyone asked if I had placed an order yet. And then it took over 45 minutes for my food to arrived after placing my order! I know the time to br accurate as I had received an important call after ordering and used that time as my reference point. The waitress came to the table 3 times saying it would not be long for my food to arrive. After telling her I was ready to leave my food came and I was so upset since I was quite hungry that I never really enjoyed any of it. I could not tell you what my dinner tasted like! I did think it was about what i would prepare myself if I were camping. After I had finished eating I asked to see thje person in charge and was just told that there had been a shift change and he was sorry. That did absolutely nothing to make me feel like he cared for my trouble.

washington,DC
“Wildflower Cafe- A Gem in the Rough in Talkeetna, Alaska”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2009

Every now and then you find some where that makes your day and so it was when we came across the " Wildflower Cafe" after a taste of local beer at the "Fairview Inn " in which we soaked in some of the local history in Talkeena, Alaksa. Locals recommended several places but we were fortunate to choose the Wildflower Cafe. The restaurant is an assuming and the menu is not intimidating. Although the selections are limited, it boasts bountiful fresh seafood, and vegetables and fruits from local growers. This was it! The wine selections were all a bargain for $28.00 a bottle! We settled for a bottle of California Red Zinfandel by Cline, which was delicisioso!!! We took our time in studying the menu and we setted for the chef salad which included organic greens from local growers, chicken cooked in salmonberry preserve, ham, angus beef strips, beer battered Alaskan cod, huge morsels of Alaskan crag legs, eggs and a choice for homemade dressings. We also chose the burger made from angus beef form the environmental friendly farm in the Washington. Needless to say, we were satisfied, amazed, and will certainly choose to come back everyday !!!!

Tidbit: Chef and owner Jerome Longo was an executive chef at the White House during Sr. Bush era.

lincoln, nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The ambiance of Talkeetna”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2008

We planned a fishing trip to Alaska and stayed at the Main Street Suites above the Wildflower Cafe in Talkeetna for 5 days of our vacation. We so appreciated the unique little village and enjoyed eating at the Wildflower Cafe and the other eateries in this tiny village. We were suprised by the Wildflower's great food. Because of Talkeetna's size, we were not expecting to find good cuisine and fine wine. The whole Talkeetna adventure will always be remembered.

1 Thank pyaussi
Johnstown, Pennslyvania
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2008

Wonderful place to eat. DH and I both had the crab stuff halibet. There were large chunks of crab mean on top of the stuffing. We ate on the patio and viewed the typical Alaska small town. Ate next to mountain climbers who just came back from climbing Mt. McKinley. Service was great. Highly recommend.

1 Thank Mrsosci
Madison, Wisconsin
“Decent but not particularly special lunch”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2008

Note: This review only applies to lunch.

Food: We ordered the salmon wrap (the Asian themed one), a cheeseburger, and a Philly cheese steak. All were competently done, though the thick hamburger patty could have used some seasoning. The salmon wrap was reported as tasty but also appeared a bit messy; the menu description reads like a stir-fry in a wrap, and that is exactly how it looked.

Service: No major complaints for most of the meal, though eyebrows were raised when at the end the waitress slapped down the bill without looking at us and without asking about dessert or if we wanted anything else. Food coming out was a wee bit on the slow side for lunch, though it was rather busy at the time.

Value: Average for a tourist-trap area, $10-12 for lunch entrees.

Decor: Clean, standard cafe fare. Not particularly memorable.

1 Thank Lamhirh

Been to Wildflower Cafe? Share your experiences!