“Very good food”
Review of Wildflower Cafe

Wildflower Cafe
Ranked #4 of 28 Restaurants in Talkeetna
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Surprisingly upscale menu, their seafood chowder is wonderful. Our friends ordered the salmon special with scallops served on a bed of couscous last night. They both enjoyed it very much. My husband and I ordered the chicken Caesar salad which was good but a bit heavy on the garlic.
We would definitely recommend this restaurant, we saw several other dishes served that looked equally appealing.
It is pricey but probably the norm in this very touristy area!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We had two one night stays in Talkeetna and ate here on both occasions, after a recommendation from our B&B owner.

The inside restaurant is fairly small, probably holds around 30 or so. On nicer days there are also areas outside at the front and side of the restaurant.

Our first visit was at approx. 6.30PM on a Monday. The restaurant inside was full, though we did manage to secure a table after a five minute wait. It was a little cool to sit out on this occasion.

We opted for one of the blackboard specials, stuffed halibut and were not disappointed. Cooked from fresh and beautifully presented with an assortment of vegetables etc. The meal price also included a small soup starter. Price from memory was $29, which given that Alaska isn't cheap, the dish was fish and we were in a small community town represented good value. Plenty of other dishes appeared on the menu for under $20.

On our second visit, the weather was better so we sat out. This time we both had salads, a garden one and a ceaser. We chose to have this topped with salmon, which came breaded and cooked to perfection.

Staff were friendly on both visits.

On our last morning we visited for coffee, sitting on the front patio and watching the world go by.

For fresh food, good service, this establishment sat right in the middle of town is recommended.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

My wife and I ate at the Wildflower Cafe twice while visiting Talkeetna. Both meals were fantastic and up there with the best food we ate at a restaurant. I was surprised (in a good way) with their prices.
Our first experience was for lunch. My wife had a ceasar salad with blackened prawns. The dressing was homemade and perfect. I ordered the sockeye salmon sandwich special with pesto mayo which was delicious. We ate on the patio and the service was very good.
For dinner my wife ordered the seafood pasta special and I had their sesame salmon entree. Both entree's lived up to our expectations. Their homemade dressing are so good, don't pass up a house or entree salad! I highly recommend Wildflower Cafe for lunch and dinner!!

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We had dinner at Wildflower on a beautiful afternoon so dined in their outside area. The food was good but one of their specials (listed on a blackboard at the entrance to the restaurant) was "not ready yet" we were told by our waitress. We substituted something else and had a very good meal. Prices were high but that is common anywhere in Alaska.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Good place to get lunch or dinner in Talkeetna. My husband enjoyed his Salmon sandwich and I liked my stir fry wrap (on the sweeter side).

Been to Wildflower Cafe? Share your experiences!