My husband and I spent two weeks in Alaska with two days in Talkeetna at the Denali Fireside. At first we thought two days would be too much in such a small town, but it turned out to be our favorite! This town and hotel have a lot of local charm with a hippy flair. It started when the lovely hotel manager, Jordan, picked us up from the train depot in a wood-sided Caprice Classic station wagon! She gave us a quick tour around the town on the way to the hotel and included helpful and accurate recommendations for local restaurants. The cabin was brand new with a separate sitting room, bedroom area, bathroom (with tub!), and kitchenette. Very spacious with beautiful light oak flooring and lots of windows. I especially enjoyed the front porch with the glider at 2 A.M. when it was still light out! We utilized the free DVD's from the office and had a quiet night with some local Alaskan Blueberry Merlot (not to be missed). It's a short walk to town (5-7 minutes) to enjoy dining, drinking, shopping, playing, etc. This town has a lot of hidden gems to be explored and enjoyed. The hosts, Jordan and Don, are helpful and accomodating. Fair warning: the mosquitos are plentiful, so bring your Off!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Denali Fireside is a new facility in Talkeetna offering suites or cabins that comfortably accommodate up to 4 people. Features include pillow top king and queen beds, kitchenettes (mini-fridge, microwave, coffee brewer, bar sink) gas fireplaces, satellite HDTVs, wireless internet and private covered deckswith log gliders. The structures are log/frame and the interiors are decorated in Alaskana decor, including cozy hand sewn quilts. New for 2010 - Our "Little Cabin in the Woods" located on 5 acres beside a small spring-fed pond, 3 miles from our lodge in Talkeetna. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Denali Fireside Cabins Hotel Talkeetna
- Denali Fireside Cabins And Suites
- Denali Fireside Cabins & Suites Talkeetna, Alaska