My new favorite place to stay in Talkeetna. About 500 yards' walk to downtown, very clean and very comfortable.
The "cabins" are basically individual buildings split into two very large & nice separate suites. Each has its own private entrance. It's a little unfair to call them cabins as they're one level suites. They are much, much nicer than a motel though the idea is basically you have a large, 3 room hotel type suite.
We had one with a very nice queen bed and a large coach which could be pulled out. The couch was large enough for my friend to sleep on it comfortable without opening it up.
Plenty of extra blankets, very clean and brand new bathroom. Excellent place to stay in Talkeetna.
We were there August 31st. The only issue we had is that the 500 yard or so walk from town is completely unlit at night. If the sky id cloud filled and it's after dark, it is tough to walk along the road when traffic is approaching. We had to get out of the way for a car and both myself and my friend tripped over the difficult to see road edge. Next time we will bring a small flashlight.
That wasn't the cabins' fault, by any means. Just something to be aware of.
Very nice sitting room with large TV. The bedroom is not closed off from the TV room but it is a nice size suite type area. The cabin was equipped with a small fridge and coffee maker with locally roasted coffee.
Great stay. We had 24 hours between arriving in Anchorage and moving onto a week fishing at www.naknekrivercamp.com . 16 hours in Talkeetna was terrific, especially based on our excellent stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Denali Fireside is a new facility in Talkeetna offering suites or cabins that comfortably accommodate up to 4 people. Features include pillow top king and queen beds, kitchenettes (mini-fridge, microwave, coffee brewer, bar sink) gas fireplaces, satellite HDTVs, wireless internet and private covered deckswith log gliders. The structures are log/frame and the interiors are decorated in Alaskana decor, including cozy hand sewn quilts. New for 2010 - Our "Little Cabin in the Woods" located on 5 acres beside a small spring-fed pond, 3 miles from our lodge in Talkeetna. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Denali Fireside Cabins Hotel Talkeetna
- Denali Fireside Cabins And Suites
- Denali Fireside Cabins & Suites Talkeetna, Alaska