We didn't realize how close we were to "downtown" Talkeetna until we drove into town and realized we should have walked. So we went back to the inn and DID walk the block or so into town. The rooms are large (we saw all of them because a large party had canceled at the last minute and we had our choice of rooms) and spotlessly clean. All of them have fireplaces, a sitting area and comfy beds. The property is on the spur road in and out of Talkeetna but it's little traveled at night and quiet. We had our one and only complete view of Mount Denali from right in front of the inn. No breakfast in included but the owners have a coffee and ice cream store next door and free coffee is included. You wouldn't want to miss breakfast at the Roadhouse, anyway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Denali Fireside is a new facility in Talkeetna offering suites or cabins that comfortably accommodate up to 4 people. Features include pillow top king and queen beds, kitchenettes (mini-fridge, microwave, coffee brewer, bar sink) gas fireplaces, satellite HDTVs, wireless internet and private covered deckswith log gliders. The structures are log/frame and the interiors are decorated in Alaskana decor, including cozy hand sewn quilts. New for 2010 - Our "Little Cabin in the Woods" located on 5 acres beside a small spring-fed pond, 3 miles from our lodge in Talkeetna. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Denali Fireside Cabins Hotel Talkeetna
- Denali Fireside Cabins And Suites
- Denali Fireside Cabins & Suites Talkeetna, Alaska