“Great food and quantity.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Talkeetna Roadhouse

Talkeetna Roadhouse
Ranked #1 of 3 Dessert in Talkeetna
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cornell
“Great food and quantity.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for breakfast. The waiter recommended that we do the 1/2 orders. He was right as we could have split one of them. The biscuits and gravy was great and also the reindeer sausage. We got waited and served very quickly. But a bus load of customers arrived right after we placed our order so depending on your timing you could have to wait awhile.

• Visited July 2014

Denver, Colorado
“Plenty to eat but have time to wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a fun place to eat. Tables are big and anyone can sit at your table if there are Empty seats. Huge portions of food, servers are fun but an hour to get food isn't uncommon. The fun part is talking to the different people sitting at your table and sharing stories. Seriously though, plan on at least an hour just to get your food if they are busy and I think they are always busy.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Augusta, Georgia
“Going downhill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have eaten at the Roadhouse probably over 100 times in four years. Previously, the entire place could be full but you still got your food in 10-15 minutes flat, and it was hot and perfect.

I've been about 8 times so far this summer and every single time was disappointing, even when the restaurant is nearly empty. Food takes 50+ minutes (I timed it!) or the gravy looks old and crusty like it had been under the heat lamp for far too long, or they just plain get orders wrong, or you're ignored literally for 25+ minutes.

I'm not averse to roadhouse, family-style places; nor do I expect five-star service at a place like this, but if a server is going to do nothing but put in your order and then not check up on you even a single time... why do they deserve a tip? And I say that as someone who has previously worked in the food service industry for nearly a decade -- I don't have unrealistic expectations here, and I know what it's like to be busy and "in the weeds," but man... how disappointing.

I don't know what changed between previous years and this one, but it needs to change back. In the meantime, I will get my breakfast fix elsewhere in town.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
East Texas
“Lived up to its reputation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Had several people recommend this place so we tried it! Absolutely delicious, fresh and serving sizes are ridiculous! Atmosphere is relaxing. Also a great hotel!! Very cool setup with bakery in front!

Visited July 2014
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“roadhouse camraderie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

nice place for breakfast and to share stories with other travelers at the family seating tables. Service was friendly, a little slow at times because it is a small kitchen for a lot of people. Good enough that we went back for lunch 2 days later.

Visited July 2014