“One of a kind.”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Talkeetna
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had the sourdough pancakes with fresh fruit and my husband had the half sized breakfast. Half was plenty. Delicious too.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,614)

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Didn't like the communal seating..noisy and had no idea it was a hostel..a bit smelly because it's old, has it's charm. Gotta stay just to do it but not my cup of tea. The food was 5 star!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Stopped here for lunch on our way to Denali lodge. Fun atmosphere. We were given a sample of reindeer chili. Pretty good. The blt sandwich was awesome. Good sweets too

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Oh my god, I hope you are not in a rush, it took my group of four 25 minutes to even have our order taken. Which I still find amazing since it was "family style" and it seemed our waiter only recognized sections at a time. We got there fairly early, pounced on the first table we saw, since it's a very chaotic free-for-all, and occupied that stop for over 2 hours...for breakfast. Long story short, food was good.. But holy crap, we waited FOREVER!

1  Thank Jim G
Reviewed June 10, 2014

I've been lucky enough to visit the Roadhouse a handful of times. Great food, cold beers and the best service anywhere! Whether you have breakfast, dinner or a slice of pie as a snack, you can't go wrong with their made-to-order menu.
It's hard to describe, but the combination of history, the smell of the bakery and the ambiance of the interior...with I were there now.