“A Must for your Bucket List”
Review of Talkeetna Air Taxi

and up
Denali National Park Flightseeing Tour from Talkeetna
Ranked #1 of 25 Tours in Talkeetna
More attraction details
Owner description: TAT is the #1 choice of Alaska visitors for glacier landings on Mt. McKinley in Denali National Park. See Denali up close and personal by air or view Mt. McKinley year-round on our live webcam! Trip prices range from $205 - $410 per person.The Beauty here is unbelievable.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A Must for your Bucket List”
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Fly, walk a glacier, go onto the largest mountain in the Northern Hemisphere, this is the experience of a lifetime. Don't forget to take a trip with Talkeetna Air Taxi if you're in the area.

2 Thank akgale

Wasilla, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“I walked on a glacier...simply amazing.”
Reviewed October 13, 2010

How do you thank a company for giving me a once in a lifetime experience. I was lucky enough to take one of your flight seeing tours this past August. In spite of road construction and being late everyone was absolutely gracious. The flight its self was beyond expectations and words. Our Pilot (I am so sorry that I don't remember his name) was fantastic and shared wonderful information during the tour. I still have trouble realizing that we actually landed on a glacier! I walked on a glacier...simply amazing. I have shared my flight experience in my personal blog and readers worldwide have heard about you and the amazing experience you create for your customers. Thank you Talkeetna Air Taxi. Sincerely, Helen Rice

3 Thank Adventurice
Katy, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
Reviewed October 11, 2010

The weather was not good for flightseeing and glacier landing, but Talkeetna Air Taxi made the best effort by attempting a "try-out" flight.

The pilot was very nice and my family were happy even with out seeing Mountain McKinley.

Keep up the good work, Talkeetna Air Taxi. We will come back for another flight tour when we visit Alaska again.

2 Thank 1618may
Boston, MA
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“JUST DO IT!”
Reviewed August 31, 2010

No need to read any further -- just book a flightseeing trip with Talkeetna Air Taxi and if you can, make sure you do the glacier landing by Mt. McKinley. My family and I went up on one of the first clear days of August -- the views of the mountain, glaciers and valleys below were beyond description. It was the most incredible experience of our lives.
Our pilot was fantastic and provided running commentary so we never had to wonder what we were looking at. He circled around all the sights so everyone could get a good look at all the amazing peaks too!
Landing on the glacier was one of the most incredible things I've ever done. The small plane skidded to a stop on Ruth Glacier. It's a surprisingly massive glacier surrounded by rocky granite peaks with an amazing view to a different glacier below. Being in the glacier and tossing snowballs with my 7-year old and then hiking up a bit to take in the quiet and serenity of our location were moments that are burned in my memory and will remain with me forever. How could you regret a moment of an experience like this? It's worth it. Check out some of my photos and book your trip!

2 Thank AlliBum
Toledo, Ohio
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 118 helpful votes
“Highlight of the Trip and worth the wait!”
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Prior to heading to Alaska I booked the Base Camp Tour with Glacier Landing for July 4. Unfortunately, July 4 was cloudy, rainy, and not at all amenable to flightseeing. The staff was very helpful in getting us rescheduled for a few days later when we were headed to Seward from Denali. Fortunately, our weather was GREAT that day - we were able to see Mt McKinley quite well even from Talkeetna! This was the highlight of our trip and well worth the wait! We had a very competent pilot who oriented us to our scenery as we flew. We were on a plane that held about 10 people - one in the cockpit - if this is something you are interested in ask early! The glacier landing was FANTASTIC and well worth the extra money - it turned a great experience into a once in a lifetime one. We had at least a half hour on the glacier for pictures, snow man building, etc.

I recommend making a reservation early on in your time in the area, so if, like for us, the weather does no cooperate for you, you can then reschedule for another convenient time. Also, stop at the West Rib Pub when you get back for a great meal and be sure to check out the little town of Talkeetna!

I did use the Alaskan Tour Saver booklet and they did honor the coupon, but they only will give the full buy one get another tour free for a certain number of patrons in a day. So, instead we got 20% off which was still a very good value.

2 Thank jknd02