“Awesome Adventure!!!”

and up
Denali National Park Flightseeing Tour from Talkeetna
Ranked #1 of 27 Tours in Talkeetna
More attraction details
Owner description: TAT is the #1 choice of Alaska visitors for glacier landings on Mt. McKinley in Denali National Park. See Denali up close and personal by air or view Mt. McKinley year-round on our live webcam! Trip prices range from $210 - $420 per person.The Beauty here is unbelievable.
Effingham, Illinois
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Awesome Adventure!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We went on a day flight and the weather was fantastic. The pilot was extremely knowledgeable on the mountain range and answered all the questions we had. We took the 1.5 hour flight without the glacier landing and it was worth every penny. We could see Mt. McKinley from top to bottom and all the glaciers well. Words can't explain the awesomeness of this flight. My smile never left my face. It was also my first flight on a non commercial plane and I felt safe the whole time. If we go back I think we will do the glacier landing.

Bellevue, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Glacier Landing was worth it”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We tried to arrange a glacier landing while we were visiting Haily but the weather prevented us from flying there. So on our way back to Anchorage, we stopped by Talkeetna Air Taxi to see if they were doing glacier landings. They said that they were and that we should sign up for the 3:45 flight, which we did.

First of all, Talkeetna Air Taxi did not require a down payment. The other service that we tried to fly with wanted a credit card deposit and would not let us cancel in the event they were not doing glacier landings. Talkeetna Air Taxi, on the other hand, was very clear, if no glacier landing was possible before we took off, we could cancel with no penalty. That sealed the deal because the glacier landing was what we really wanted to do.

Our pilot, Tyler, was great. He gave commentary of the area during our flight and made us feel safe. The takeoffs and landings were smooth as silk.

I would highly recommend the glacier landing. It was well worth it.

Bethesda MD
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Awesome sights”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We stopped by Talkeetna on the way to Denali National Park and made reservation for flightseeing of Mt. McKinley and surrounding mountains of the Alaska range. We also included a landing on the Ruth Glacier amphitheater. It wasn't very cloudy so the sights were spectacular! The pilot, Richard, was the guide and was quite good. The landing on the glacier was definitely a unique and cool experience. Not necessary, but worth it if you can budget the extra expense!

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First rate adventure!!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Our pilot Trent was outstanding !!
I got lucky with fantastic weather to fly and land on a glacier.
I rescheduled 4 times due to bad weather and the staff at TAT was really cool to keep working with me and be patient. Finally the weather improved and they set me up with a fantastic flight. I give high marks to the staff and pilots at TAT. ( I work in the tour industry and I know a good operation when I meet one !)

Richmond, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I landed on a Glacier!”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were originally scheduled for a 6pm flight but the weather was turning. We arrived early and they put us on the 5:30 flight. McKinnely was visible top to bottom. Our pilot was excellent: knowledgable about the terrain, gave both sides of the plane opporltunities to photograph key views, landed on the glacier, gave us plenty of time to take loads of pictures, then on the way out spotted bears on the ground. An amazing experience.