We were trying to squeeze in a quick trip to see Denali via flight-seeing from Talkeetna within a longer AK trip that focused on the Kenai, so we only stayed here two quick nights. We stayed on the ground floor of the main lodge and loved the wrap-around porch and fantastic views of the Susitna overflow area in the early fall (see photo). (Warning - if it is wet, be careful walking in the overflow area as it can be VERY muddy.) Also, while we did not have any issues, the ground floor room in the main lodge opens directly out into a common area that has a TV, breakfast area and reception which could have been a bit noisy if it had been used more. (Fortunately, Monday night football is over at a very early hour in AK!)
We would love to come back to Talkeetna and do one of the float trips down the river and see more of the area. We would definitely stay at Susitna River Lodge on a return trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Susitna River Lodging....where the rivers and mountains meet. 13.5 mile Talkeetna Spur Road. Private cabins, deluxe suites, river and mountain views. 5 minute walk to historic Talkeetna. Open year round. 2 hours from Anchorage and 2 1/2 hours from Denali National Park. New unbelievable playground across the street. Two pet friendly cabins. All accommodations include full baths and kitchenettes. BBQ grills and supplies provided. We accept all major credit cards. Military discounts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Susitna River Lodging reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Susitna River Lodging Hotel Talkeetna
- Susitna River Lodging Talkeetna, Alaska