Meandering Moose Lodging(Talkeetna)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 08/01
Free cancellation until 08/02
$165
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewscomfy cabinthese cabinscharming townnice kitchentrain stationsmall townsimple breakfastclose to towntwo couplesthe ownerthe rivershort walkenjoyed our stayqueen bedwould definitely stay here againthe main streeta great place to stay
Reviewed September 4, 2015 via mobile

Nice cabins. Clean and they have all the basics. The staff was very friendly. This is a really small town with limited choices. This hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the main strip where the restaurant and bars are located. This is a good place to stop on your way to/from Denali.

Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed August 23, 2015

Talkeetna is a tiny (and I mean tiny!) town and Chinook Cabins are a wonderful accommodation option for anyone stopping by the town for a night or two. Jane met me at the train station and I'm so grateful given it was raining hard and I had planned to walk to the cabins with my luggage! She drove me around the town so I could get the lay of the place, and helped me out with options as my float plane trip and hike into Denali had been cancelled due to the bad weather. The cabin was spotless with excellent heating, and ample room for up to 4 people to stay. There was just a little noise from cars moving in and out on the gravel outside, but it wasn't that bad. All cabins are free standing so there was no noise from next door neighbours either. I had a really pleasant stay there!

• Stayed: July 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed July 17, 2015 via mobile

Jane was kind enough to pick the four of us (2 couples) up at the train station, she was pleasant but not what I would consider friendly as we introduced ourselves and she said don't worry I won't remember your names. We stayed in the Denali cabin, it was fairly clean, a little outdated, and not really set up for two couples. Conveniently located and fairly quite. No bells and whistles, but decent place to stay. Be aware they don't allow dogs. Enjoy and make it a great day!

Stayed: July 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2015

We spent two days there during our recent trip. Jane picked us up at the train station and gave us a tour of the tiny town. She helped fix some screwed up tour arrangements. Cabin is small, but spotless and well-appointed with modern bathroom, small kitchen, air conditioning. Nice location

• Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2015

Jane the proprietor is friendly like all folks from Alaska and will make you feel at home but does not intrude on your privacy. She runs a very clean place with everything needed for a comfortable stay, including the coffee. A great location where walking to all th bars and restaurants are within 5 minutes and the nights are quiet except for the morning train. Would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled with family