“Mahay's Yaaa”

Mahay's Jet Boat Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Mahay's Jet Boat Adventures is a family owned business that has been in operation for over 30 years. We are located approximately 2 hours north of Anchorage, just 14 miles off the Parks Highway, on your way north to Denali National Park or Fairbanks. There are 3 different tours that you can choose from, with varying lengths and adventure, each offering something different. All trips include our 1/4 mile nature walk where Naturalists will talk with you about the early settlers in the area (the Dena'ina Indians and trappers)and show how basically and rustically they lived with the authentic replications of their dwellings. Our premier trip is the Devil's Canyon Tour where you will be able to experience Class V whitewater in the 45' jet boat, all while staying safe, dry and comfortable. There is also the Three Rivers Tour, where you will travel on the Chulitna River. This river is a braided river which offers a unique and picturesque experience. Alaska is one of 4 areas in the world that has an extensive braided river system.
Dodgeville, Wisconsin
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Mahay's Yaaa”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We went on the Devil's Canyon tour and it was great for all our families ages ( 11- 75 ). Weather started out rainy but it was still exhilarating. We saw our first moose along the river. Our guide was the owner's son and he was very knowledgable and a very good storyteller. You can tell he loves where he lives and what he does. The sun came out after lunch and we could not have had a better afternoon on the boat and then in Talkeetna. What a lovely town.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank hallmommy

Talkeetna, Alaska
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best of the Best in Talkeetna”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Put this on your MUST list when you travel to Talkeetna. The Devil's Canyon tour is fabulous, the beauty of the country, the captain is so knowledgable and entertaining, the lunch is delicious, being on the water, seeing the wildlife, the views of the mountain (if its out) and whoa nelly when you get to the rapids what a ride!! This is great for all ages.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 802RobertC
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
364 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 254 helpful votes
“Devil's Canyon!”
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The jetboat trip to Devil's Canyon is absolutely amazing. Nowhere else will you jetboat through such intense rapids. Factor in the views of Denali on the trip up, as well as the great commentary as you travel, and you really gain an appreciation for an area that is otherwise inaccessible. They even cover the little details, like providing a surprisingly high quality lunch on the trip. My advice: Go out on the back deck! For some reason everyone stays in their seats, which is silly to me when you can go out back and ride with the wind in your hair!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank AlnAbroad
Fairbanks, Alaska
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“Bear Spring Drop Hunt”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Took me out for a weekend to do a bear drop hunt. They were accommodating and worked well with my schedule. Originally they told us that we had to have two for the trip so that they made enough money to pay for the boat's gas, well my partner dropped out on me at the last minute. I called Mahay and he said to come down anyways. They took me out the next morning. I am not really complaining since they didn't have to take me out at all, but my only concern was that the spot they took me to was only about 3 miles from the put in (the bridge over the Talkeetna river). All weekend I heard ATV's going up and down the trail network on the other side of the ridge line I was dropped at. I saw plenty of bear sign where they dropped me at, but alias I saw not one bear. But hey, that's why they call it hunting.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank allg00dnamesaretaken
Cleveland, New York
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A not to miss adventure, A necessary part of the best Alaskan Experience”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Devils Canyon Tour

First of all the folks are first class. They know what they are doing and make your experience nothing but excitement and pleasure.
We had Eli and Abby as our Captain and Mate. The two of them have the skills and experience to make the journey flawless and a not to miss experience.
It had rained for three weeks and the day of the boat trip was picture perfect day. Absolutely the best view of Denali South of our whole Alaskan trip.
The river was raging and Eli piloted the boat flawlessly. His ability to read the river and navigate the current is to be commended and praised what a professional.
Abby made everyone feel comfortable and gave everyone a good understanding of the whole experience in the river.
I am certain there was folks on the boat that did not understand the skill and experience required to make the trip in the high water but as a person who has run whitewater in my drift boat it was a pleasure to have Eli's experience behind the controls.
The lunch was better than expected. Saw eagles and a bear. Everything was first class.
Steve and his folks are truly Great Alaskan Experience Hosts and if you go near Talkeetna I would suggest you take the Devils Canyon Trip.

Visited August 2013