“Great place for a meal”

West Rib Pub and Grill
Ranked #7 of 28 Restaurants in Talkeetna
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Casual lunch and dinner dining. Large deck overlooking central downtown. Bar and inside seating. Filled with Alaska memorabilia. Alaskan beers on Tap. FRESH Alaska seafood including Halibut, Pacific Salmon, Rock Snapper. Daily Special on Alaska Red King Crab. Great 1/2# Natural Angus Burgers. Housemade desserts and soups. Seafood chowder and Caribou chili made daily. Open late 7 days/week during summer.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Enjoyed the West Rib Pub and Grill while traveling through Talkeetna in July. Everything, including the variety of beers were great.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Halibut & Chips at West Rib Pub are the best I've had in a long time. The price is right and the servings are large. I've tried other things too, and I've never gotten anything that wasn't delicious.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Mustard Bourbon Chicken burnt on the outside and chokingly dry on the inside. Gouda on top unmelted? Bun from Burger King I'm sure. Sliced Prime Rib Sandwich had some variety of chopped meat about 1/4 cup and no slices. No meat to speak of and for 16 dollars as wel!
Salad wilted and watered cown dressing. The waiter touted better than Glacier Brewhouse calamari too! Dream on kiddo. So sad as we need a good casual restaurant in south Anchorage.
Once was enough. I do not like to "folly" with my dining dollars. With them and about my food I am very serious. Good Luck

Reviewed January 6, 2013

In September 2012, on our way from Denali to Anchorage, on a rainy, cold day, we had dinner at the West Rib Pub & Grill. We felt the warmth and smelled the delicious food. We were 4 people and we ordered different plates we all shared and we shared some beer as well. We all loved the food, the service was friendly and quick. It was in the center of town, next to a great Art Gallery, The Dancing Leaf Gallery where we found different items to buy, cards, necklaces.. I will definitely go back to Talkeetna and to West Rib and Grill. Fortunee

Reviewed December 26, 2012

In August we stopped in Talkeetna for a couple of days on our road trip to Alaska. Every restaurant we went to in Talkeetna was great, but we have particularly fond memories of the fresh "butts" served at the West Rib Pub. The local brews on tap didn't hurt either.