My wife and I stayed here in our way to Fairbanks and then again on our way south again and our daughter joined us for the second night. Dave was a great host and the first evening he upgraded us to a larger room as they were not full. He was so kind to have done this and it was evident that he knew how to make folks feel at home. We had a wonderful hot breakfast with egss and bacon along with yogurt, berries, granola and juice. after our breakfast as packed up and headed on our way to Fairbanks.
On our way back south accompanied by our daughter we had one of thecottages at Talkeetna Chalets and it was awesome! The cottages are relatively new, well appointed and more than roomy for the three of us. The flat screen tv was beautiful and we were able to enjoy the Stanley cup playoffs from rural Alaska! We let Dave know that we needed to leave early the next morning as we had a long drive ahead of us to Homer the next day. He was completely accommodating and said he would arrange to make a breakfast and leave it in the cottage so we could get away early. We had also let him know our daughter didn't drink dairy so he was good enough to pick up some soy milk for her and put it in the cottage refrigerator along with milk, fresh orange juice, yogurt and blueberries which went along great with the granola, bananas and fresh baked scones he had set out. We never expected Dave to go to all of this trouble but I think it really speaks to how much he takes care of his guests. I just can't say enough good about Talkeetna Chalets ... Our cottage was impeccably clean, with a wonderful bed and futon, kitchenette area and a bathroom with an awesome shower and a towel heater to boot! Thanks Dave for providing for us as you did ... You earned high marks from us on what you are doing for your guests and I know you will continue to have a thriving business as long as you keep up this kind of service! Thanks for everythingDave!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come and enjoy luxury...Alaskan Style, in your own private cabin. Nestled in a beautiful Boreal forest, our luxurious cabins will provide you with the peace and quiet you long for after a day of Alaska fun and Adventure! Cabins are beautifully decorated and have either a full kitchen or a kitchenette, full bathroom with shower, luxurious linens, satellite TV, private porch and more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia and Hotwire so you can book your Talkeetna Chalet reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talkeetna Chalet Bed And Breakfast
- Talkeetna Chalet Hotel Talkeetna
- Talkeetna Chalet Alaska