“Wonderful Stay!”

Ranked #3 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Wonderful Stay!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed here in our way to Fairbanks and then again on our way south again and our daughter joined us for the second night. Dave was a great host and the first evening he upgraded us to a larger room as they were not full. He was so kind to have done this and it was evident that he knew how to make folks feel at home. We had a wonderful hot breakfast with egss and bacon along with yogurt, berries, granola and juice. after our breakfast as packed up and headed on our way to Fairbanks.

On our way back south accompanied by our daughter we had one of thecottages at Talkeetna Chalets and it was awesome! The cottages are relatively new, well appointed and more than roomy for the three of us. The flat screen tv was beautiful and we were able to enjoy the Stanley cup playoffs from rural Alaska! We let Dave know that we needed to leave early the next morning as we had a long drive ahead of us to Homer the next day. He was completely accommodating and said he would arrange to make a breakfast and leave it in the cottage so we could get away early. We had also let him know our daughter didn't drink dairy so he was good enough to pick up some soy milk for her and put it in the cottage refrigerator along with milk, fresh orange juice, yogurt and blueberries which went along great with the granola, bananas and fresh baked scones he had set out. We never expected Dave to go to all of this trouble but I think it really speaks to how much he takes care of his guests. I just can't say enough good about Talkeetna Chalets ... Our cottage was impeccably clean, with a wonderful bed and futon, kitchenette area and a bathroom with an awesome shower and a towel heater to boot! Thanks Dave for providing for us as you did ... You earned high marks from us on what you are doing for your guests and I know you will continue to have a thriving business as long as you keep up this kind of service! Thanks for everythingDave!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank iantraveller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed May 6, 2013

A great B&B with a excellent view of the mountians. Dave is a gentleman and great inn keeper. Super clean house, great rooms and a good breakfast. I would stay there again in a minute.
BTW, anyone who gets to this part of Alaska and does not spend some time in Talkeetna is missing some great local color. Make sure you check out "Wal-Mikes".
One word of advise, the driveway can bee a challange!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank michaelxallen
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I headed to Talkeetna to attend a memorial service. Since the service was in the evening I did not want to drive back to Anchorage so I checked out accomodations on the computer and booked a room at Talkeetna Chalet. I talked my mom into coming up with me and when we arrived we were thrilled by what we saw. Dave showed me around and the whole place was lovely. The common room area was incredibly inviting and I looked forward to checking out the views through the telescope. My mom was delighted to relax in the jacuzzi tub in our room while I went to the memorial. In the morning we enjoyed a delicious breakfast. I look forward to another get away and would highly recommend this place to anyone wanting a delightful get away.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IGNITEdiva
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I spent this last weekend at Talkeetna Chalet Bed and Breakfast. I must say, it completely exceeded our expectations. I wanted to surprise my husband, with a romantic weekend of relaxation. We stayed in one of the private cabins, and at my request, Dave had flowers, wine, and candles waiting in our cabin. He even had to make a run into Wasilla to get this stuff for us! What service!! We had a wonderful homemade breakfast in the mornings and spent the days in our cozy little cabin. This place, and it's wonderful hosts were more than accommodating. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a weekend away, or just passing through and need a place to stay! We definitely will be back to stay again! Thanks again for everything you did! We had a fabulous time!!

The Northam's
Anchorage, AK

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank Northam1214
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Flexible service. Nice folks. Clean, quiet and accommodating. Very new cabin w modern accommodations. If u are a coffee snob, bring u r own coffee. Close enough to talkeetna to be convenience but still private. Defining a do over!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Gear G
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We just spent two nights with Andi and Dave at their BEAUTIFUL place - and we'll definitely be back! The accommodations were lovely, and the overall atmosphere SO festive and cozy. (They had FOUR Christmas trees throughout the place that were each gorgeous!) Andi and Dave are two of the most gracious and hospitable hosts, and really MADE our romantic get away special. I'll be counting the days til our return!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lisa C
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My co-worker and I spent a night here the first of this month, December.
The host and hostess couldn't have been nicer. They were helpful on directions to their home and what to do in town.
They had a great breakfast for us and very clean, neat rooms.
It was a nice home away from home.
They had beautiful views of the mountains and many birds came to their feeders while we were there.
We would definitely go back here if we are ever in AK again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business