“Just a little slice of heaven.”
Review of Talkeetna Chalet

Talkeetna Chalet
Ranked #3 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 24, 2013

My husband and I spent this last weekend at Talkeetna Chalet Bed and Breakfast. I must say, it completely exceeded our expectations. I wanted to surprise my husband, with a romantic weekend of relaxation. We stayed in one of the private cabins, and at my request, Dave had flowers, wine, and candles waiting in our cabin. He even had to make a run into Wasilla to get this stuff for us! What service!! We had a wonderful homemade breakfast in the mornings and spent the days in our cozy little cabin. This place, and it's wonderful hosts were more than accommodating. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a weekend away, or just passing through and need a place to stay! We definitely will be back to stay again! Thanks again for everything you did! We had a fabulous time!!

The Northam's
Anchorage, AK

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Northam1214

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Flexible service. Nice folks. Clean, quiet and accommodating. Very new cabin w modern accommodations. If u are a coffee snob, bring u r own coffee. Close enough to talkeetna to be convenience but still private. Defining a do over!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Gear G
Reviewed December 30, 2012

We just spent two nights with Andi and Dave at their BEAUTIFUL place - and we'll definitely be back! The accommodations were lovely, and the overall atmosphere SO festive and cozy. (They had FOUR Christmas trees throughout the place that were each gorgeous!) Andi and Dave are two of the most gracious and hospitable hosts, and really MADE our romantic get away special. I'll be counting the days til our return!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My co-worker and I spent a night here the first of this month, December.
The host and hostess couldn't have been nicer. They were helpful on directions to their home and what to do in town.
They had a great breakfast for us and very clean, neat rooms.
It was a nice home away from home.
They had beautiful views of the mountains and many birds came to their feeders while we were there.
We would definitely go back here if we are ever in AK again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Teresa S
Reviewed December 10, 2012

A great destination for out of state or in state travelers. The rooms and home are comfortable with great accomodations. Located just a few miles from Talkeetna makes it quiet but close enough for a quick trip to town. They have a wonderful view of Denali from one of the common areas where you get to enjoy a beautiful prepared breakfast. We'll be back:-)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kellyh h
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This is our second stay at the Talkeetna Chalet, and since our mission was not accomplished this trip, there will be a third. But enough of our adventures, let's talk about the "Chalet", the owners Andi and David are just fantastic, accommodating, friendly, and delightful hosts for a beautiful Bed and Breakfast.

They are about 60 miles south of Denali, and the views are just fantastic, and the photography opportunities from there location are great. You sit at the breakfast table and watch the sun rise casting a pink glow on Denali in the winter. The rooms are charming, nicely decorated, and the showers have nice hot water. Andi cooks breakfast, with the menu changing every morning you could have french toast (but it is her special recipe), or pancakes (David's special recipe), or scrambled eggs; and those come with fruit, yogurt, juice, bacon, tea or coffee. We were never hungry after breakfast.

If you want or need something, all you need to do is ask. If they have it you got it!

So, if you are planning a trip to Talkeetna and you need a place to park your body for a couple of nights, and yes you should stay a couple of nights just to spend some time in "downtown" Talkeetna, this is the place for you. "We shall return!"

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles S
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed at the Talkeetna Chalet for two nights in late May 2012. My primary purpose in coming to Talkeetna was to take a day flight over Denali National Park. The weather while I was there was touch-and-go, and Andi, the host, was so helpful in contacting Talkeetna Air Taxi for me each day to see when I might be able to fly. I finally got in the air my last day in Talkeetna and it was well worth it!

The inn itself is nicely appointed and very comfortable. I stayed in the Denali Suite, which was very cozy and quiet. Wifi, cable, and dozens of DVDs to choose from while relaxing. I also took advantage of the outdoor hot tub one day, which was a very cool experience near the woods on the edge of the property.

The inn has great views and a very convenient location to town and nearby activities.

The breakfast was amazing and Andi was very accommodating in scheduling breakfast a little earlier or later to meet my scheduling needs (I was there in off-season; it may be harder to get breakfast at a specified time when the inn is full in season). Andi also recommended local restaurants (which were great!), and nearby hikes and offered warm cookies upon my return. The personalized service was a great touch.

I would definitely return to Talkeetna Chalet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo