Amazing food and great big portions! This was our last meal before climbing the mountain (last fresh meal for 23 days!!!). Good ole' cooking, nothing fancy, you'll definitely get your moneys worth here. You really cant spend more than $20 per person. You'll eat like a king on this amount.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Roadhouse, built around 1917, is one of the oldest establishments still in operation on Main Street in "Beautiful Downtown Talkeetna." Our kitchen is open to the public and we've become famous for big breakfasts, hearty soups, homebaked breads and genuine frontier hospitality. Our bakery produces all sorts of treats each day such as pies, a variety of cinnamon rolls, cookies, cakes, brownies, and savory pasties. The historic end-of-the-road town of Talkeetna is known today throughout the world as the base for international climbers making their way to climb Denali (Mt. McKinley), North America's tallest peak. Denali and the other peaks of the Alaska Range offer a magnificent backdrop for this picturesque town of around 800 people, located about two and a half hours north of Anchorage and halfway between Anchorage and Denali park entrance both by rail and road. The guest rooms range from private to hostel-style, rustic cabins to the school teacher's apartment located above the Talkeetna Historical Society Museum. Bathrooms are "down the hall" in typical Roadhouse fashion, and even though a bathroom has been added to Trapper John's Cabin, guests can still use its 5-Star outhouse! Breakfast is a separate charge but we provide our guests with coffee/cocoa/tea throughout their stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Talkeetna Roadhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talkeetna Roadhouse Hotel Talkeetna
- Roadhouse Hotel Talkeetna
- Talkeetna Roadhouse Alaska