I really like this place for a couple of reasons. It was fairly new looking/ well kept, rooms clean, bathroom spacious. Beds seemed more like a full vs. a queen. Lodge was beautiful, with a large fireplace in front and a couple more throughout the building. There were lots of nooks with chairs, leather couches, etc. throughout to relax and not be on top of each other. Was very comfortable. View was amazing. Couldn't see Mt. McKinley (who ever gets to???) but if it were a clear day you would definitely have a view. Grounds were nice, well kept walking path. The front area had a tour desk that had activities for the surrounding area and on the grounds. I would stay here again without question. Wasn't close to town but they ran a continuous shuttle. Great staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a ridge above the small community of Talkeetna on the south side of Denali, our lodge offers unforgettable views of Denali and the Alaska Range, yet we are just minutes from adventures of a lifetime. Enjoy the view as you relax next to our 46-foot river rock fireplace or shop for Native art from villages across Alaska. Enjoy casual or fine dining featuring Alaska specialties and the best wine selection in the neighborhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talkeetna Alaskan Hotel Talkeetna
- Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge Alaska