This property is a very modern lodge, with very little atmosphere. Rooms are comfortable, as long as it is not warm, then you will have a problem, as the rooms do not have a/c. Hotel is very overpriced, we paid just over $300 per night and faced the car park, not the mountains. I do not suggest paying the premium for a room facing Mt McKinley, as during our stay it had not been visible for 19 days. Only 20% of guests ever see Mt McKinley. If you walk the grounds use mosquito spray, they are huge in Alaska and aggressive. Eat in Talkeetna, especially at the Roadhouse, the most amazing breakfast we, and everyone we spoke to, had ever experienced. Flightseeing is hit or miss with the weather, but we found it an incredible experience, despite the fact that most of Mckinley was "socked in". Talkeetna can be seen in an hour or two, so if you're planning any longer, you had better have prior plans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge by Pursuit is set on a ridge above the small community of Talkeetna on the south side of Denali. Our lodge offers unforgettable views of Denali and the Alaska Range, yet we are just minutes from adventures of a lifetime. Enjoy the view as you relax next to our 46-foot river rock fireplace or shop for Native art from villages across Alaska. Enjoy casual or fine dining featuring Alaska specialties and the best wine selection in the neighborhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Booking.com so you can book your Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talkeetna Alaskan Hotel Talkeetna
- Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge Alaska