Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge
Talkeetna Roadhouse(Talkeetna)(Great Value!)
$165
Talkeetna Hideaway(Talkeetna)(Great Value!)
$130
Meandering Moose Lodging(Talkeetna)(Great Value!)
$105
$100
Travelocity
Talkeetna Cabins(Talkeetna)
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Free Internet
1,102 results
All reviewsgift shopbeautiful hotelfree shuttleland tourmain lobbyhuge fireplacea mountain view roomviewing deckwalking trailsmountain sideshuttle servicebase camp bistromountain rangeroyal caribbeanrocking chairsmt mckinleyalaskan lodge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I did not pick Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge. It was a stop over for our tour company on the way to Denali. Potential for great views, but clear days are rare. Room accomodations were clean and comfortable, but the reason I would not go back is the poor dining room service. We were ignored and taken for granted. Our waiter did not care about us and management did make an adjustment to our bill but we still had to pay for a very poor experience.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check in / front desk
catctal, Front Desk Manager at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2010

Response from Sara Crumrine, Dining Room Manager: “I would like to start off by apologizing for the service that you received in our restaurant during your stay. We truly pride ourselves in great customer service, so to learn that that was not the case during your stay is disappointing. I read that we did make some adjustments to try and compensate you for the poor service you received and apologize that it fell short of your expectations. We do appreciate the feedback, and we will use this information in our training and improving customer service in the future.”

Reviewed July 13, 2008

We had a good experience here. We arrived by train from Denali and left by train the next afternoon. The room was nice and the staff was nice. There's a nice view from the deck and the view side rooms. They have a service that will call your room when Mt. McKinley comes out from behind the clouds. They properly held our luggage after check out and got it to the train station. The food was good. We ate in the less fancy restaurant. My only complaint is that they charge $10.00 per person for a one hour wildlife film (we didn't go). We took a K2 Aviation flight to see the mountain and land on a glacier and that was great. Downtown Talkeetna is really cute but you can see it in half a day.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank bjpremierontheroad
Reviewed July 5, 2008

One of our best stops during our Alaska trip. The place was spotless. Our room faced the mountain. It was visible and we got to be there during Solstice. We watched the mountain all night. There are good walking trails on the property. We ate lunch and breakfast in the dining room. Again excellent service and food.
Shuttle to town was frequent and reliable.
Due to rain our sightseeing flight was canceled so we spent day in the beautiful lobby. The fire was going and enjoyed the day with new found friends.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2008

This property is definitely one of the nicest in Talkeetna. The views are great, but Mt. McKinley is not visible very often. The property is well maintained, but I didn't find the room to be anything special. I went in the shoulder season and while I thought the room was nice, I personally would not want to pay the high rates they charge in peak season. My room was large enough, but the bathroom was small. The vanity is outside the room with the tub and is not very big. There is no air conditioning, but there was a fan in the room. I used the fan even in May. There is a small exercise room which worked well enough for me. I was not particularly happy about the fact that they charged to use the computers for internet service, The hotel has a nice dining room and bar area where you can order the bar menu during the dinner hours. There is also a stand for coffee and muffins etc. if you don't want a sit down breakfast. The staff were all very nice and the hotel is lovely. You just need to know what you are getting for your money.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank debbiejo
Reviewed September 10, 2007

Stayed here as part of a cruise tour with Celebrity. Great place with fabulous views. Dining in the casual area was quite good but staff seemed a bit overwhelming during breakfast. Best hashbrowns I've ever had! Rooms in the cottages were large, clean and comfortable. Shuttle service to town was dependable and front desk staff very helpful. Would easily stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2007