To start with the front desk people are great. They checked on reservations that we had for excursions and helped us figure out transportation and pickups from those events. The staff also took care of getting baggage to and from the rooms from the train (which is awesome!). They deliver the bags to your room, and you just leave them outside in the morning and they pick them up and get them to the train for you. The room was clean, comfortable and well maintained. One window opens for fresh air. Unusual on a ground floor, but understandable in Alaska where none of the hotels seem to have AC. The back deck view is quite lovely, and there is a nice walking trail system around the property. We had a quick, although good stay. I would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a ridge above the small community of Talkeetna on the south side of Denali, our lodge offers unforgettable views of Denali and the Alaska Range, yet we are just minutes from adventures of a lifetime. Enjoy the view as you relax next to our 46-foot river rock fireplace or shop for Native art from villages across Alaska. Enjoy casual or fine dining featuring Alaska specialties and the best wine selection in the neighborhood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Talkeetna Alaskan Hotel Talkeetna
- Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge Alaska