See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 10, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here one night! Very comfortable.. Making reservations was very laid back so was a little worried, but turned out great.. Walked into wildflower cafe.. Someone confirmed my reservation and showed me to my room...this place is 2 doors from the infamous Roadhouse.. Which is a local must go for dinner and or breakfast..had fridge!

Stayed: August 2015, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2015

I notified them to let them know we would be a late arrival. They said no problem and would leave our name on the door to our room. And we found the room just fine with a business card with our last name written on it.

The rooms are nothing to get excited about. There is a kitchenette with a small offering of coffee/tea. The mattress needs to be replaced. Nothing matched. The bedspread (why don't these places change to duvets?) was faded. There was also a roll-away bed folded up. I looked for additional blankets but could not find any.

It would have been nice to be greeted with a welcome note or hello there or something about the town. A couple of bottles of water would have been nice. We left the next morning and still had not seen anyone.

It was a place to sleep - nothing more.

• Stayed: June 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2015 via mobile

They obviously never learned the most important part of reservations. Seinfeld would have a field day with these greedy jerks. We have been bumped rooms and out of the inn completely before we figured out the they are not disorganized but greedy. If someone comes and wants a longer stay after you make a reservation they will lose your reservation. Guaranteed. I will sleep in a dirty outhouse before they ever get another dime from me.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Woziwoda
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Basically two reviews...one for the actual unit, one for management/owners.

We stayed in the north suite in July. It was clean and had all the amenities we were looking for. I was concerned about being directly above Main Street and the cafe', but the noise was minimal. You have a great view out onto the street from the porch and can "people watch" all you want. Everything you need or want in Talkeetna is within easy walking distance.

Our only issue is with how the place is run. I attempted to book online several times without luck. I finally called and booked for two nights. After our first night's stay, I was contacted about why we were still in the unit? It was very disconcerting as we were several hours north at the time. Eventually, it was worked out so that we were able to stay but it didn't leave a "warm fuzzy" feeling to be worried about not having a place to stay. When we returned later that day, we found the door to the unit unlocked and slightly ajar. All of our clothing, computer, camera, etc. etc. was in the unit and here it was standing unlocked and open. Nothing was missing, so that was good...but it still left a bad taste in our mouths. We weren't feeling very "welcome" at that point. The manager/owner? came up and apologized for leaving the door unlocked and open.

Bottom line...great location, nice unit, we'd probably stay there again...but the management needs to work out some kinks in booking/follow through/organization.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank burzlaffmeyersmith
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I'll begin by saying I never write bad reviews on Trip Advisor, Yelp or any of these sites unless they are praising great service, food or an amazing experience. My experience here was absolutely unacceptable. My boyfriend and I had planned to go to Talkeetna for his birthday, I had called and requested a room on July 16th, left a number and got a call back that day confirming a room for Friday the 18th, his birthday. We planned on leaving after I got off work late Thursday night and we camped at the end of town our first night. We were very much looking forward to a shower and nice suite on Main St. the next day. The day of our reservation, we packed up camp early and headed to breakfast at the Roadhouse (very good breakfast) as we were eating we got a call (from "Amaria"? area code 831) asking to reconfirm my credit card number. I gave her my credit card number again, and asked what time we could check in and was told 2 o'clock. We went to the Wildflower Cafe at 2:30 to check in, upon arrival we were greeted with confusion by the restaurant staff (they were busy and I don't think their job is to book the suites). We then redialed Amaria and she shortly arrived after. To our dismay, she immediately expressed that our room may have been double booked. (I had read this on TripAdvisor and hoped it was an isolated incident). She seemed very nonchalant about the situation, saying “everyone in Talkeetna does this”. She then was trying to get a hold of whomever had booked the other reservation. Apparently the information on that reservation had been lost as well. These people are unorganized and unapologetic.. After two hours of Amaria’s incompetence we decided to camp another night and enjoy my boyfriends birthday.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple