“Nothing in stock”

Kahiltna Bistro
Ranked #11 of 28 Restaurants in Talkeetna
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went there for dinner and they were out of the halibut burgers, crab salad, and salmon bowl. They said they had enough salmon for 2 bowls, but there was VERY little salmon. This was during the dinner hour in June during really nice weather. How can they not have any of those dishes in stock? It isn't a very large menu. The meals we did get were marginal at best. The waitress is nice, but the staff should know what they have to offer when you order instead of coming back over and over saying that they are out of the dishes we ordered. I would have given 1 star, but the deck is nice and so was the waitress.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was our worst dining experience as of yet on our 2 week vacation in Alaska. My wife had the crab salad.. and it came with IMITATION crab. Really? We are in Alaska. I had the Ultimate Humus Plate. The hummus tasted more like refried beans than hummus. The smoked salmon was barely smoked. Not enough pita came with the plate for the amount of hummus (refried beans) they give you. Our waiter, while friendly, was a bit clueless. Didn't know the menu well, didn't know the specials, took forever to bring us our bill, I considered leaving without paying. Bottom line.. just keep walking by... there are much better places in town.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

We thought the wait staff and the cooks were amazing! Me and my family were impressed. The cooks were helpful and efficiantly made our meal. The only thing that lacked in our opinion was that there was no breakfast and we were rushed through by the ...I think...owner.

Eugene, OR

Reviewed November 2, 2012

I first walked in and was horrifically seated by a short woman (I think the owner) who lacked social skills. It was possibly the worst dining experience of my life. Although, the decor was pleasant. The dog tour was bumpy and smelled. The cooks were pleasant and cooked our fish just right.

Chicago

Reviewed October 12, 2012

Food was outstanding, service was excellent.
Overall bill was very reasonable. But I think they forgot to charge us for our drinks. Will have to go back and spend more money next time.