“Fun Experience for the Whole Family”
Review of Huskytown Tours - CLOSED

Huskytown Tours
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Huskytown is operated by Randy, a former Iditarod musher. He is very friendly and takes his time introducing you to his dogs, talking about life in Alaska and about his experiences as a musher. We did not feel rushed at all. Randy hooked up his team to a cart and took us for a fun ride. We enjoyed the experience and took lots of pictures.

1  Thank Duke89

Reviewed July 16, 2011

Decided to give this a try on our trip from Denali to Anchorage. When we got out of the car the dogs got real excited because they knew it was time to run. Randy explained the sport of dog sledding and what it took to train his dogs. His display of the gear he needed to participate in the Iditarod was impressive. The dogs were friendly and it was easy to see the rapport Randy had with each of them. It was amazing how easily the dogs pulled six adults on their makeshift sled. Definitely worth the short detour. One suggestion: In summer, arrive before it gets too hot for the dogs to run.

3  Thank TX-BJ81
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I brought my husband and dog here to celebrate their shared birthday. I called Randy in advance and asked if my dog, an Alaskan Malamute/Norwegian Elkhound/Pembroke Welsh Corgi who has never run with a team could run with his team for her birthday. He agreed to give it a try. . .and I'm so glad he did. We had a great time! The Huskytown dogs are well cared for and Randy is a great host. He is WAY more personable than some of the other mushing guides out there. His dogs are a lot of fun, and he tells stories about them all. Randy made my dog feel right at home with his team (he even gave her some hot dog treats and called to check on her the next day!). I highly recommend Huskytown!

4  Thank AKSchipperke-mom
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Took my husband there for his birthday, and had an outstanding time with Randy and Kim who care for and breed these beautiful Iditarod sled dogs. You will get an inside look at what it takes to compete in Iditarod....and the sled ride is a lot of fun. Great dogs and great fun for all ages. Many thanks to Randy and Kim.

2  Thank wedding_2010_disney
Reviewed June 16, 2010

We visited with Iditarod finisher Randy Cummins and had an exciting dog sled ride (the dogs also were in the Iditarod twice)! It was a wonderful experience and we would highly recommend that you include this in your trip planning if you are going to Denali.

2  Thank janicebehrendt