“a great place for a break anytime of day”

Flying Squirrel Bakery Cafe
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Talkeetna
Cuisines: Healthy
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Stop in for a visit at Flying Squirrel, a unique cafe with creative deli-style menu and artisan breads baked in a wood-fired brick oven. Something for everyone: vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and meat-lovers, too, organic Alaska-roasted espresso, free WIFI. Wood fired pizza on weekend evenings. Three miles from Talkeetna - no tour bus crowds, trees out the windows, open year round.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We are geocachers and found the one near here. It offered a great place to have a break with our friends and have a cappuccino and/or a rhubarb "ade". Wish we could have tried all their treats...many great choices.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Delicious food and fun,quirky atmosphere. We recommend the lemon cheesecake. Also the pizza is a great bargain. Yummy salad and lots of locals go there so you know it's good.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I really enjoyed this place. It is very homey and has delicious food. Although most of the items available are not gluten free, I did have options including a fantastic nut roll and very yummy brownie. If I lived near Talkeetna, I would frequent this establishment.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stopped by for lunch and the staff was very accommodating. I got the a quinoa salad can't remember its name but it was delicious and I asked if they could add smoked salmon on the side. They were willing to do that and did even charge me for that. My friend had a Thai cucumber salad and a sandwich (reindeer sausage? not sure now) but we both agreed that the food was delicious. This is off the main 'town center' actually on the spur road into Talkeetna, very close to the B& B we staid at. I also had a homemade sparkling rhubarb-ade and it was the best drink I have had and I don't even like sodas and other fruit drinks that are sweetened. The owner Anita was working along with the others and she seemed friendly!
I would highly recommend this place..,, their selection is huge and it is made mostly of organic produce.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Excellent breads, salads, and soups. Excellent place for lunch, ok place for breakfast (fewer choices and no grill to cook eggs). Overall, an excellent stop on the way into Talkeetna.