“Best value in central Alaska”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
Northern Guest House
Ranked #4 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Incline Village, Nevada
“Best value in central Alaska”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Paula the hostess is very friendly and makes you feel right at home. We called Late, but Paula was very accommodating. The place might be changing its name to Talkeetna Northern Guest House, but same fine hostess. No breakfast is served, but you can do your own and save a bunch of bucks. Coffee and tea is complementary, as are all the kitchen facilities. The rooms are cozy, but quite adequate. Each room has its own bath, but down in the hall. Everything was very clean, and the beds comfortable. All in all a surprising and fun experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank airmike943

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

We stayed three nights after coming off of a climbing trip. We have been to Talkeetna several times (stayed at four other places in the past) and this is the best place we've stayed. The owner, Paula, is super friendly, greeted us when we arrived and gave us a short tour and explained the amenities. Our room, and everything else there was very comfortable, clean, and quiet. The Northern Guest House will definitely be our first choice the next time we visit Talkeetna.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TracyandJody
Talkeetna, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is the best place I've stayed, Very comfortable. Feels like home. Great that we can bring our dogs and the are greatly welcome. Thank you so much for everything.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hetoeb
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

My friend and I made last minute plans to travel to Talkeetna for a day. We were bringing his dog with us, so I was worried that it might be tough to find a place on short notice. When I called the Northern Guest House, the owner was friendly and accommodating, despite the fact that we planned to arrive around 11pm. The dog wouldn't be a problem :) I hadn't done much research, so I was expecting something hostel-ish and was very pleasantly surprised to see the place when we arrived. Everything was homey and comfortable, including the common areas. It was early in the season and we had the place to ourselves, but even with a full house, there's plenty of room to cook, eat, visit, and play games or ping pong. Our bedroom was great, and I felt like we were staying in a friend's guest room rather than any sort of commercial establishment. I will most definitely stay here again next time I'm in Talkeetna.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed over night in Talkeetna for our one year wedding anniversary. We didn't make arrangements and couldn't find a place who would host our puppy! But Northern Guest House does! Paula was great, her place her great, the dogs loved it and it is literally 2 blocks from downtown! She offers fair rates wth great ammenities including guest fire pit and private bathrooms for each room! We will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Bed Room #1 is the dog friendly room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2012

Stayed on ground floor. No one else was there, so had the whole place to our self. Owner is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012
Eagle River, Alaska, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

I was at the Northern Guest House in summer of 2010 with my husband and an out-of-state guest. We all loved the NGH. I chose it specifically because it is dog-friendly but was very pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and convenient it is. Husband, puppy and I had the downstairs BR and our friend was in a BR upstairs. There was one other guest, who was very quiet. We hardly knew she was there. We enjoyed the common living room and dining and kitchen areas. The entire house was clean and well-maintained. The location is great as it is off the main street of Talkeetna, but only a couple of blocks from restaurants, bars and shops. I REALLY appreciated my dog being welcome and would certainly reccomend NGH to anyone traveling with their dog. In fact, it will be my first choice whenever I go to Talkeetna. It ain't fancy. It IS clean, comfortable, acccomodating and very reasonably priced.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends