“Alaska-Mountaineering”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talkeetna
Fireweed Station Inn
Ranked #11 of 17 Talkeetna B&B and Inns
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Alaska-Mountaineering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2010

I was part of an 8-day mountaineering school in Alaska. Before and after the course started we stayed at the Fireweed Station. There is no other place I would have wanted to stay especially after coming off the mountain. Tom and Hobbs treated me like I was a family member. My feet were blistered and swollen from altitude and Hobbs took good care of me. The meals were exquisite as if I were in a big city. They were very flexible in what time both breakfast and dinner were served. If I choose to go back to Alaska for mountain climbing or even on a family vacation I will definetely be staying at the Fireweed Station. Besides the Inkeepers being awesome and the food simply delicious the inn was immaculate. And, from my own standards for cleanliness, that says a lot. I highly recommend the Fireweed Station without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2010

My travels brought me to the Fireweed Station and Talkeetna as the entry point into Denali National Park. Our expedition with Alpine Ascents highly recommended the bed and breakfast as one of the potential options for us during our stay. I'm thrilled to have had the opportunity to stay with Tom and Hobbs. Clean beds, great food and location are generally table-stakes when booking any accommodation. What separates Fireweed from the others is the warmth and graciousness of the owners.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2010

Rooms and views are top quality with Alaskan wilderness experience...food is superior...hospitality is warm, helpful, informative.

• Stayed May 2010
Woodbridge UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2010

A highlight of our two week visit to Alaska ., a weekend in Talkeetna ,flying around Denali landing on a glacier and spending a night at Fireweed with a superb dinner prepared by Tom and Hobbs.Just perfect

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2010

I have lived in Alaska for four years and travelled extensively throughout the state, but I have never found anywhere as unique and high quality to stay as the Fireweed Station. This is a wonderful log property in the woods, lovingly restored by the owners and turned into a wonderful B&B/restaurant. The owners are incredibly hospitable, and the food is excellent. It is a marvellous place to relax and be looked after and well fed! There is a lot of accommodation around Talkeetna, but I doubt there is anything as unusual or high quality as this.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Little Rock Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

We spent 2 weeks in Alaska and our stay at Fireweed Station was the highlight of our trip.
If you're looking for city living and atmosphere don't go here. This lovely B & B is out in the country with beautiful wild flowers and most wonderful hosts, We relaxed, hiked, relaxed, picked berrrie and relaxed. You're close to Talkeetna (charter a flight to Mt. Denali and if weather permiting, land on a glacier) and close to several fishing spots. Tom and his lovely spouse Hobbs go above and beyond to make your stay a wonderful, pleasant experience. Food was excellant, rooms very clean as was the whole cabin. Only wish we could have stayed longer but will definately go back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Little Rock, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2009

By far a true Alaskan experience. Fireweed Station is tucked away in a little place called Sunshine Alaska, a 15 or 20 minute drive from Talkeetna. The hosts, Tom and Hobbs, are the greatest. And cook, omigosh!!!!! We only stayed two nights due to our cram packed schedule. The first night we brought some fresh caught halibut and the way Tom prepared it, would challenge anyone's culinary skills. Breakfast was amazing as well. I won't even try to describe menu as the menu changes daily.

The accommodations are amazing. The rooms spacious and clean. The atomsphere is unhurried and laid back. If you are looking for widescreen TV's and the hustle and bustle of city life, Fireweed may not be for you. However, if you are wanting a clean, quiet, out of the way spot, there is no better place than Fireweed.

Simply put, Fireweed Station should be part of your Alaskan Adventure!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends