“Glacier Landing - Wow!!”
Review of K2 Aviation

Denali Grand Tour
$300.68*
Denali Flyer Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the wonders of Alaska and Denali National Park, and gain a new appreciation for our state's size and rugged beauty. Our location in Talkeetna provides an excellent launching point for your explorations of Denali, the Alaska Range, and Denali National Park. The K2 Aviation staff is committed to ensuring that you have the best possible experience on your flightseeing tour. Come fly with us!
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Wickford, United Kingdom
“Glacier Landing - Wow!!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

An absolutely amazing experience. My teenage son and I took this trip in July 2013, booked through Princess Cruises. Our pilot Mike was great and my son enjoyed sitting up front with him spotting moose! The views were outstanding and will never be forgotten. Our flight was at 7.30 in the evening, the skies were blue and the weather glorious - no coats needed!! Thank you K2 Aviation for this brilliant experience.

Visited July 2013

Denver
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Up close and personal with the mountain”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Awesome experience with K2 Aviation. We booked this through Princess Cruises. We were only in Talkeetna for a short time and did not have time for a glacier landing, but the flight itself was well worth the experience. Views were awesome, sunny blue skies. Definitely the highlight of our time in Denali. And Mt. McKinley happened to be out in all its glory. Couldn't have been a better day.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank FRDENVER
Eagle River, Alaska, United States
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Alaskans lost K2”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I took a great trip with k2 aviation several years ago with some friends visiting Alaska and we had a great time even though the weather was marginal and they gave us an option to keep the reservation or schedule another day. Since Denali is normally only visible from the ground 30% of the time it was a great trip to see Denali and all the surrounding glaciers plus we landed on the Glacier. They fly out of the nice town of Talkeetna, over from hour from anchorage. As a local Alaskan I would definitely fly K2 again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Gary S
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“I highly recommend this company and their glacier landing tours”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This tour company was wonderful-very professional, the planes look new, they were very stable, the pilot was excellent in his skill and descriptions of what we were seeing. Of 10 full days in Alaska-this was my favorite activity. The scenery is unforgettable.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Debby01
Morristown, New Jersey
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked the Denali Grand Tour with glacier landing 5 months before our September trip. I booked it for the afternoon we arrived in Talkeetna so that we had 2 back-up days in case the weather prevented us from going. This was a good move as our first day was solid clouds and rain. We rescheduled for the next day and the weather cleared up enough for us to go, but not enough to do the tour we wanted or to do a landing. The tour we took was less expensive than what we booked so we were only charged for the difference. However, it seemed that everyone was charged a different rate, and walk-ins got the best rate. We paid more because we booked in advance. When we asked them about it we were told pretty much that this is the way it is. It did not leave me with a positive feeling.

The ride itself was full of beautiful scenery. We were there when the leaves were turning so the landscape was full of bright yellows and the dark green of the pine trees. Our plane looked brand new and to be full of the latest technology. We had the seats by the wing supports, so we could only get a clear view front and back, not straight out. I was on the right side. It seemed that all the scenery being described, and our main approach to Mt. McKinley was on the left. The pilot's voice was a little monotone so I stopped listening after awhile since he was mainly describing views to the left. The plane eventually turned so the right could see, but the narration was minimal so I really didn't know what I was looking at. I'm sure I saw Mt. McKinley, but I had no idea at all which peak it was.

All in all, I would recommend taking one of these tours as the scenery is really spectacular, but if I go again I will book with someone else.

Visited September 2013