“Joe to go!”

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,151 helpful votes
“Joe to go!”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Sutton is very tiny.

I needed a black coffee to go.

Server had it ready in an instant!

Will return for a full meal.

• Visited June 2014

LONDON
“Does what it states on the tin”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Typical Harvester - good simple food well prepared at a reasonable price. Good for families and friends alike but not necessarily for that special occasion. For me The Plough just edges its close rival The George.

“The ribs are to die for, just fall of the bone.. With he classic salad bar and sundaes you cant go wrong!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We are a regular here simply because the food we order is consistent in quality and just delicious. I have not had ribs much better than here.. Some may say that i clearly have not lived but i stand by that comment. The salad bar comes with every main as does a side (like chips). I am not a big fan of salads but the choice at the salad bar is always great and so are the accompanying sauces and add ons (dried bacon bits/ sunflower seeds etc).

They are geared towards families and have a reasonable 'kids menu' which doubles up as a colouring /games paper and colours are usually provided (they don't have a sharpener so worth considering taking one :-)

Usually good for those on a budget as our bill normally comes to £35-£40 for two adults and three very young kids albeit our last outing did reach £50 inc a £5 tip.

As for other selections i would be a little wary as i did have the chicken on a couple of occassions and it was on the dry side (certainly not comparable with Nandos!) and the bangers are 'ok'.

Many of the staff are long timers and very friendly, the manager recently appointed is somewhat sour and not particularly welcoming! I am not entirely confident that he has any customer service skills at all, fortunately he does not serve the tables!

The FSA rated them recently with 4 stars out of 5 (good), suspect the occasional 'sticky tables/ sauce bottles may have let them down.

It is a simple model and i always have the same.. So for me it is worth my overall score of 4 out of five. Despite the new manager i will return.

• Visited February 2013
“Good food but AWFUL hygiene standards”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We visit Harvester restaurants frequently but this was the first time to this particular branch. The food was the same great standard as usual but the whole evening changed after I visited the toilets!
As pub loos go, these were the worst I've ever been in!
•All 4 cubicles had no loo roll, I know that's a usual occurrence in any restaurant.
•All 4 doors didn't lock properly.
•All 4 toilets had poo marks and were very dirty and smelly
•1 toilet had vomit down the outside of the bowl (looked like it had been there a while)
•Floor looked like it hasn't met a Hoover in a month.
•Wash basins were dirty, grubby and had hair in them. Honestly how are you means to clean your hands in something that's dirtier? One sink had brown dried on dirt marks along the inside edge and someone had scratched a picture in the mark! It looked like a student shared quarters bathroom!

I had to take my two small children in that room, I wish I took them to the car park for a wee! It would have been cleaner!!!

Neathertheless I didn't order my favourite part of the meal, pudding as I didn't want to eat anything else from the place. As my sister says, clean bathroom clean kitchen. I hope they sack (or indeed hire) a cleaner!!!

St Austell, United Kingdom
“Mmm.... Harvester!”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

First time we had visited a harvester and was pleasantly surprised. A great menu, with so much to choose from! I can't wait to visit again so I can try some different dishes.
Only gave 4 stars as we had a bit of a wait to get our food but the restaurant was extremely busy, on a Wednesday evening as well!
Overall, I would recommend this place with confidence! Yummy!

• Visited August 2012