“If only the cottage was always like this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Matanuska Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sutton
Matanuska Lodge
Ottawa
“If only the cottage was always like this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

If you're anywhere near Anchorage, you owe it to yourself to spend some time at the Matunuska Lodge. We spent 2 delightful nights in June and loved every minute. The owner/hostess pampered, entertained and fed us to our heart's content. Outstanding!

Matanuska Lodge's web site doesn't do justice to the beauty, style, comfort and luxury found here. From the interior decor, to the pool table, the hot tub, the porch, and the canoe, it had everything we could hope for, and more.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Anchorage
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

The only problem with my visit is that it wasn't long enough! Dianne spoiled us to no end - I felt so at home and comfortable! The fine touches were everywhere - from the robes/slippers in the rooms to the incredible food! I can't wait to visit again!

Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2010

The weekend event was a get-together of 7 friends. We meet up annually at a lodge or hotel to catch up and party! This lodge offered a quiet setting with "papmpered" service. Breakfast and dinner included, topped with wine and champagne included in our overnight stays. The hottub, sauna and pool table available at our mere request. The setting in woodsy Alaska was a dream. Evenings gathered in the family area for movies and games. The food was perfect - including fresh fruit! I came home relaxed, refreshed and recommending this place to everyone I know! Of course my buddies helped make the trip special as well; but the owner and hostess made all the difference. I will be returning within 6 months to do this in the Summer!!!

1 Thank Alaska-Wings
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

Several friends and I drove up for the weekend to this beautiful bed & breakfast in Sutton. Although we knew the lodge was beautiful, it still took our breath away when we arrived and toured the place. It is not easy to bring luxury to Alaska, but here they have done it! Sitting in the hot tub with a beverage in the middle of snowy mountains made me feel like I was in heaven. Thanks for a great weekend with great food, great friends, great scenery, and great relaxation.

Monument, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

With six of my best friends we embarked on a weekend getaway that enhanced our lives! Matanuska Lodge offers the BEST of everything from ambiance, First Class hospitality to inspiration and peacefulness! From hot tub to sauna; the food...impeccable, the atmosphere relaxing, the views magnificent! The owner Brenda and the hostess Diane thought of everything to make our visit the most memorable. We are already talking about our next visit with our men, but, of course, another girls weekend is on the horizon! Thank you Brenda and Diane!

Fayetteville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

Satying at the Lodge was truly an experience. From the views (Matanuska glacier in the front and a beautiful lake in the back), to the hospitality and food, we could not have had a better stay. Wonderful rooms with very comfortabel beds and anemities all through the house. Brenda and staff were wonderful and I hope to return with my husband soon. Sitting in the hot tub watching the momma moose and her two babies will be a memory not soon forgotten.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2008

This is a very special property . Owners are gracious and welcoming . The rooms are elegant and the area is spectacular; our welcome was genuine and warm and the meals were plentiful and nicely prepared . Daily trips were supported by good information and the owners were able to help us with various bookings. My wife and I enjoyed using the kayak on the small lake in the back of hte property.

There are about 4 rooms in the Inn and it is not rustic but rather the attention to details from decorating to amenities is outstanding . This would NOT be a property at which young children would be appropriate and I think the policy should be explicit one way or another . Then again, it is Alaska which is a litlle mellow about that stuff.

Stayed July 2008

Been to Matanuska Lodge? Share your experiences!