“Yvone's Hotel in Pohnpei”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Yvonne's Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Palikir
Yvonne's Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Palikir B&B and Inns
Roseville, California
“Yvone's Hotel in Pohnpei”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2012

This is the first time I stayed there. The rooms were clean and the restaraunt was decent. Try and get a room upstairs as rooms 1-5 are downstairs and seem a little cavey. They wifi does not work in the downstair rooms also.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Kwajalein
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

THe hotel was clean, and that was the best we can say. The lobby had smells drifting through from a nearby septic tank, the a/c was a load as a bus, dogs barked at night and the bed was like sleeping on a board.

Room Tip: see the title of my review
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Palikir hotels

Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

I recently had to facilitate a workshop for more than 50 people on Pohnpei. Thanks to the wonderful staff at Yvonne's, I was able to coordinate everything easily in advance via email. . .They were always fast to respond and worked with us to get everything we needed. Upon arriving at the hotel (where we both held the workshop and had the participants stay), I found the place to be clean and pleasant, and every member of their staff bent over backwards to meet our needs, answer our inquiries, and just make our stay an enjoyable one. I would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Amy E
Honolulu
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

1. AC blew warm air.
2. the power was off every single day from 4pm to 10pm.
3. the water pressure was so bad, the shower would drip water on and off.
4. no mats, wash rags, or anything "extra" so slipping was likely to occur in bathroom.
5. hotel workers would come into your room just to turn off your AC when they thought you weren't there.
6. hot water was only available from 6am - 4pm. (found this out the hard way of course)
7. workers would gossip about other guests with you.
8. worker misquoted price for an extra person in the room and we ended up paying $60 extra. The manager's reply to our complaints about the water, electricity, and AC was "you're just too picky."

It seems as though the hotel owners just hire their family members to work this hotel and these workers have zero experience in hotel maintenance or even in customer service. Absolutely the worst hotel I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Kahlangalang
Honolulu, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

You would think that travelers would have been notified beforehand that the hotel was on regular 'power hours' from 4pm-9pm every week night! This had been going on for several weeks so was not a sudden instance. Although the webiste says 'hot water'...the hot water heaters were off between 4pm-5am. .I've stayed in hotels all over Micronesia (Chuuk, Marshalls, Outer Islands, Yap,etc) and this was the all time worst hotel experience I've ever had with broken things in the room---I even had to tape my refrigerator door shut cos the door wouldn't close and water would come out,etc . I stayed there years ago and the place was okay.. but sad to say,.it has really gone downhill.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Waverider4
Nuremberg, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2011

I have stayed at Yvonne's Hottel for two nights in October 2010. I have booked via eMail, including airport transfers. The rooms are very large and have a small kitchen as well. The hotel is centrally located at Kolonia. Supermarkets are in easy walking distance. The dinner at the restaurant have been surprisingly good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank laendersammler
moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

I have visited Pohnpei many times since the 1990s. I usually stay at the Village- awesome view, run by a great family and perfect for R&R. The long hauls (travel time) into town and back became a problem.

On this trip, I discovered Yvonne's and their new restaurant! Yvonne's is a very clean no frills place with great food, meeting rooms and banquet rooms. The guest room has AC, a phone, refrigerator, cable tv and large sink and toilet with shower. It is within walking distance of the center of town and the national communications center where you can purchase local GSM sim card and sign up for wireless internet access.

At the end of each day, I could walk or ride back to the hotel immediately and begin to unwind immediately.

If convenience, cleanliness and great food at a good price, this is the place for you!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to Yvonne's Hotel? Share your experiences!