This was our second trip(in 10 years) to KVR for an awesome diving experience. We saw no pelagic fish this trip, but Kosrae has some of the most beautiful huge corals we've seen in the Pacific. The mounds of Christmas tree worms (plentiful in this area) and anemones with a variety of species and sizes of clown fish leave one in amazement of nature. The full service dive shop is great for all needs.
The food is awesome... even with true fresh tuna salad on the dive boat ! The restaurant offers a variety homemade from scratch - the herb bread, local fruit, jams, syrups and banana pancakes. and brownies are all yummy. The fish doesn't get any fresher; you may have been diving with it earlier in the day!
We had the suite w/ air conditioning this visit, much easier than the mosquito nets if you are queezy about bugs. With the structural set up of the cabins, bugs are hard to avoid. Amenities: Very comfy beds and pillows; fluffy towels, garden showers w/lots of hot water(always a good thing after a long day of diving), a 'full size' coffee pot (if you travel a lot, you can appreciate this) with 'good' coffee and tea and a stocked frig w/ water, fresh tangerines oranges and coconuts start the day off right. Lots of mosquito coils and bug spray are needed if you are a bug's delight as I am.
During high tide our cabin was about 10 feet from the water - very private, lush and beautiful. We had coffee and watched the sun rise perched in front of the ocean before our daily dives. The salt does take it's toll here on anything metal...so don't be surprised if there is some rust and corrosion on otherwise shiny surfaces.
Katrina, Bruce and the staff are awesome and very accommodating to make your stay the best! Ben goes above and beyond to make your dives all you want them to be. Seeing Katrina and Bruce again after 10 years was like going to see old friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private thatched cottages on the ocean, a world class restaurant, our on-site PADI 5-star dive center and amazing service make an unbeatable combination for a rejuvenating and invigorating holiday. Add a wildly beautiful, remote, mountainous tropical island and you have the holiday of your dreams. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Kosrae Village Ecolodge & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kosrae Village Ecolodge Dive Hotel
- Kosrae Village Ecolodge & Dive Resort South Pacific