We just returned from a week long trip through Micronesia - diving in Kosrae and Chuuk. We had the good fortune of staying at the Nautilus Resort in Kosrae. The rooms are basic but exceptionally clean and well maintained. Service is friendly and responsive. The credit goes to Doug and Sally Bietz, the owners. They are always about and really make the place special. Doug is also an outstanding dive guide. His first lieutenant, Salick, does multiple jobs and is also a skilled dive master. The food, while also basic, is fresh and very tasty with a good variety. The banana pancakes at breakfast are the absolute best. We did a fun and interesting hike to the Menke Ruins on Sunday (when diving is not possible). As for the diving, it's like going back in time. The corals are magnificent - really unmatched by anywhere else. Kosrae was a very pleasant surprise - in almost every way more satisfying than Chuuk. Our thanks to to Doug and Salick for a great visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eighteen air-conditioned guest rooms and a restaurant, plus outside dining by the swimming pool. Full service NAUI dive shop, purpose built dive boats. Island tours arranged. The ideal location for business and pleasure travelers. Free airport transfers, and rental cars arranged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Kosrae Nautilus Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kosrae Nautilus Hotel Kosrae
- Kosrae Nautilus Resort South Pacific