“Excellent!”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Timaru
Sydney
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

Intially it was planned to stay only 1 night at the Avenue Motor Lodge as most of our time would be spent in Christchurch. However due to the earthquake we couldnt do this and the staff at the Avenue Motor Lodge were happy to accomodate us for 5 nights at the very last minute.
It was quite modern with a spa, balcony and plasma tv. The room was clean, spacious and the bed was comfortable.
As for the staff they were very friendly and always wiling to help. I couldnt speak any higher of them.
Location was great as well. Not even a 5 minute drive from the main shops etc.
If you are considering staying in Timaru, I highly recommend this place! I would stay here again if I was to travel back to Timaru.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
SUNSHINE COAST AUSTRALIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

We just picked this motel driving by - and hoped for a good nights sleep !
Very clean comfortable spa room, with a kitchenette. Even though it is on the highway, we didnt hear any trafic noise and got a really good sleep. Had dinner at the Sukothai restaurant in town and that was a good meal. So a very good overnight stay in Timaru.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
West Kirby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2010

About half way between Christchurch and south/\west tourist areas. We had a 2 bedroom suite which had huge living/dining area, 2 good bedrooms and very well equipped kitchen area. Had 2 comfortable nights and nice welcome from host. Well recommended.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Newmarket, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2010

I really can't fault the motel. The level of cleanliness, room size and modern fixtures & fittings were second to none - and this was not matched by any other motels during my trip around the South Island. The staff were really friendly and helpful - a typical NZ trait ! It offered good value for money, would recommend it to anyone, and would certainly stay again if I returned to NZ.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2010

We found this a well presented and clean motel with good service. However we thought the room slightly dark and we did notice noise from am adjacent room and from the nearby main road. All in all it was fine and offered good value for a one or two night stay.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2010

Very friendly and helpful staff, can't fault the cleanliness. Quality fixtures and a very comfortable bed. Although I didn't use the kitchen facilities they are comprehensive. The bathroom is spacious and the spa bath a luxury.

Would be perfect for a small business group and the location is nice and quiet.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
christchurch
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2010

Lovely spacious room with everything you would need for your stay. Large comfy bed and loved the spa bath! Very clean and tidy.
The location was fine for us, but I imagine it would be a bit far away from the town centre for people who didn't have there own transport.

Unfortunitly this place was let down by the poor service.
One of the reasons I chose this hotel was because of the broadband access, which we could not get onto. We went down and asked the lady at the front desk three times and each time we got a different excuse, she told us to try the dial up which didnt work either. It seemed to need a password but when I asked for this I was told no. When I asked for the owner/manager I was told they were away on holiday.
This woman seemed to neither know what was going on and more importantly, care.

There was also a few other things that came with the booking free of charge that I didn't realise until afterwards as we were never informed of. In fact I dont recall being informed of anything at all. If we wanted to know anything (including check out time) we had to ask.

I would still recommend this hotel as the room was very nice and I think it is reasonable value for money, just don't rely on using the internet or the service!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple